MYRADAR App for Iphone and Android

TMCGRAW

So recently I've been toying with the Ohio weather patterns (haha). I ride from southeast Columbus to northwest Columbus for work, any chance I get. One of the things that keeps me off the bike normally is heavy rain (T-storms) and we all know how reliable the weather man is early morning.

I found this free App on my Iphone called MyRadar and it has a bunch of options and jazz but I use it to pin point me, and to show me the up to date doppler. This has saved me a few times where I can pull out my phone, click the button and see where it's raining and how hard and what direction it's traveling.

So hope it helps you out if you have one of these smartphones!

• Upvote 1

I have been using one called Rainy Days on my Droid for several years for the same reason. Live radar has saved me a ton of times....Just take a peek and adjust the route to avoid the rain. My two trips down to WV this year for example, both times I avoided some massive thunderstorm cells by using it.