Somebody tried to kill me

NinjaDoc

F'k these guys... I've had women flip me off in minivans cause THEY went left of center and almost killed me and I layed on the horn. I've had dudes in Audi's almost kill me by taking a right on red and me blow them up w/ a horn (jackass got mad at me)... All of these have one thing in common. I wasn't doing shit wrong... Riding via the law and they fucked up but took their mistake out on me.

Thank God you survived... And fuck that asshole.

^^ always assume that it's never a fair fight.

When is a fight ever "fair?"

Be polite, be courteous, and have a plan to kill everybody you meet...

-VanDy

Glad you're ok. Could have ended worse...a lit worse.

I had a jeep turn out in front of me, not cutting me off or anything.I maintained speed and as we crested the small hill it turned into a passing zone. Still while maintaining my speed I went to pass and as I got beside him, he jerked the wheel towards me. He started cussing and waving his arms all over. At this point I looked back in front and had cars coming at me. I opted to downshift and take off rather than get back behind him. Kicker is he had a little kid in a car seat in the back. I wasn't speeding and followed every law. Some people are just angry at everything.

When is a fight ever "fair?"

Be polite, be courteous, and have a plan to kill everybody you meet...

-VanDy

That's what I was getting at.

You wanna see pissed get lost in apple valley and turn around in a drive way. ... ask Porter he was there lol

Something to consider...if you do not report them and they end up hurting or killing another biker how would you feel? I am glad everyone is ok, but you should alert the police. Its one thing to pull out in front of you cause they are not paying attention, its another to try to run some one off the road.

Something to consider...if you do not report them and they end up hurting or killing another biker how would you feel? I am glad everyone is ok, but you should alert the police. Its one thing to pull out in front of you cause they are not paying attention, its another to try to run some one off the road.

This is very true Doc if you guys have the info you really need to consider turning him in. I wouldn't want it on my conscience that he killed a rider and knowing that I could have possibly stopped him.

Glad you guys are ok.... yet another reason why I'm always armed

Lifting up my jacket to display my holstered .40 might have changed the attitude of that driver.

Good point, now you just threatened his life, things could get ugly at that point, not everyone is afraid of a gun in a holster...just sayin!:nono:

I have had other motorcycles (cruisers) do things similar to me that you guys mention, swerve at me, flip me off, speed up etc. etc., more than once!

Edited by LINK

I had an interesting 'confrontation' with a guy in KY last fall. Was riding rural roads outside of Verona in a group of 5 sport bikes. Dude in cage was poking along about 10 under in a 55. First guy passed him and as I went to go around, the car started swerving back and forth in the middle of the road, right on the center line. I dropped back and less than a half mile up the road, he came to a stop sign and I saw him reach over to the opposite side of the car. I pulled up beside him and tapped on his window to see what his beef was, and as I look inside I see: 1) it's an old guy (like me) prolly 60s, and 2) he's got a very serious looking piece sitting on his passenger seat cushion!

Needless to say, I wasn't in mood to argue much anymore and I left him ranting and cussing at the intersection. I don't carry and I don't pass judgement on those who do, but just a reminder that if you do carry and you really plan on 'flashing' your piece as a deterrent, you better always be prepared to pull the trigger and live with the consequences. I'd rather use the superior warp speed of my bike to avoid the crazy dumbasses than try to shoot it out with a nutjob.

Let's be careful out there!

Behind ninjadoc I was as he made me a sign to follow and pass this truck on a straight downhill road, as soon as ninjadoc tried to pass him , the guy started speeding up and swerved to the left lane as is he was trying to hit him, and as ninjadoc passed him he tried to speed up behind him , I slowed down a little as i had no idea what road we riding , or what to expect, after he gave up no catching up with ninjadoc , the guy decide to get on me , as i came up behind him he slowed down and tried to block the road on the start of a 4 way intersection , swerved behind him and flow straight forward , unfortunately , i had no idea where ninjadoc went , so after going couple of miles forward i decided to go back to try and take a turn at that intersection , but no sign of ninjadoc , stopped at a church and tried calling him few times, he said he is coming back to meet me , bad signal i couldn't hear most of what he said, and he didn't hear me either , stopped at that intersection waiting for ninjadoc , that guy comes back , " on feet " with his doc , told ninja i am to go on i170 and see if i can find a better location to wait for him , anyway , the guy lives somewhere really close to i170 and pancake rd near pancake auto shop , his license plates are PHE (8)566 not sure about the (8), drives a 1998-2004 silver chevy truck , Ninjadoc didn't want to call the cops , altho i would if it was me .

So here you go , anyone knows the guy ?

lol

anyway Awesome ride , and great day , some of you should of came along :p

It was really scary as the truck driver barely missed the back of ninjadoc's bike , and my point is , thank god ninjadoc was safe and more experienced, but don't you think such a stunt that the same driver might do again , might kill the next rider he does this to ???

Damn man... I'd definitely have been on the phone with the cops soon as I stopped. Dayton's got some assholes, but they're generally too chicken-shit to actually do anything. Kentucky hill-jacks just DGAF.

Makes me wish that much more that I had some extra money to get a sidearm. My baton would only be useful in a few situations...

Good point, now you just threatened his life, things could get ugly at that point, not everyone is afraid of a gun in a holster...just sayin!:nono:

I have had other motorcycles (cruisers) do things similar to me that you guys mention, swerve at me, flip me off, speed up etc. etc., more than once!

Really......I just threatened his life? It was already past the ugly point in my opinion, and displaying the sidearm "in holster" means to me that you don't want any trouble. There would be no confrontation from me whatsoever, I would simply ride to the closest law enforcement dept or find a very busy place of business, lets see if the redneck piece of shits will follow.

Edited by Pokey

Lifting up my jacket to display my holstered .40 might have changed the attitude of that driver.

How so?

Piss him off more?

I don't know if you remember a while back in another thread on here...I made a statement that if I "drew" I'd shoot...no two ways around it. Kind of the same thing applies here. Why show it? What good is it going to do? It's on your right side, your throttle is on your right side, a motorcycle slows down pretty fast if the throttle is closed...so all you'll really be doing is slowing down...which is probably the best decision anyway. Stop take a smoke break, let him get down the road...plus you can call the cops and report him, almost instantly.

Now, if you slow down and stop, and he stops too...that's the time to "defend" yourself as necessary.

How accurate do you think you'd be, riding with one hand, slowing down, bumping down the road...

How so?

Piss him off more?

I don't know if you remember a while back in another thread on here...I made a statement that if I "drew" I'd shoot...no two ways around it. Kind of the same thing applies here. Why show it? What good is it going to do? It's on your right side, your throttle is on your right side, a motorcycle slows down pretty fast if the throttle is closed...so all you'll really be doing is slowing down...which is probably the best decision anyway. Stop take a smoke break, let him get down the road...plus you can call the cops and report him, almost instantly.

Now, if you slow down and stop, and he stops too...that's the time to "defend" yourself as necessary.

How accurate do you think you'd be, riding with one hand, slowing down, bumping down the road...

Where did I say I was going to draw?:confused: And I don't agree with your logic of "If I am gonna draw I am gonna shoot", more bad situations have been stopped by brandishing/displaying a weapon then you realize. If I feel my life is truly in danger, I am not going to worry about anything else except for getting out of that situation. I ride nowadays more open carry than concealed, so no worries there anyways.

I still fail to see the logic that "showing" is going to do anything more than further piss off said redneck hillbilly fucktard...

You just never know unless it happens, and I feel that most logical people won't want any trouble if they know you are packing.;) I wouldn't stop and let them by, I would just try to get away from them, and or find a place of business with people around. And you don't feel the need to ever carry......remember?:p

GLAD THE OP IS SAFE AND SOUND.....THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS RIGHT NOW!

You just never know unless it happens, and I feel that most logical people won't want any trouble if they know you are packing.;) I wouldn't stop and let them by, I would just try to get away from them, and or find a place of business with people around. And you don't feel the need to ever carry......remember?:p

GLAD THE OP IS SAFE AND SOUND.....THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS RIGHT NOW!

Do you think the driver the OP is talking about is a logical person?

Hell no!

So...I'll ask again...

If you "showed", and he's not logical, now you've just further pissed him off.

See how that works?

Now, instead of him acting like he's going to kill you, he just may and take it all the way.

All you did was antagonize him and escalate the situation.

He's driving a truck, you're on a motorcycle, he's not logical, you show your pistol, he puts you in the ditch, you lose.

Let him pass.

Have a smoke.

Report his tag.

Deal with the situation if he stops when you stop.

This is the wisest decision.

Really......I just threatened his life? It was already past the ugly point in my opinion, and displaying the sidearm "in holster" means to me that you don't want any trouble. There would be no confrontation from me whatsoever, I would simply ride to the closest law enforcement dept or find a very busy place of business, lets see if the redneck piece of shits will follow.

One of the first things taught in the ccw classes I took was 'brandishing' is illegal and a good way to not only lose your weapon but also your right to carry for life. Also, like Punk said, mix and cage and a bike together and the bike loses everytime. As much as the guy deserved some 'lead' attention I'm sure the law would say a biker should easily be able to ditch a pickup but I suppose in some rare instances a truck might be able to keep up? Nawww, not with you guys riding those fast sport bikes. Sometimes its just plain smarter and easier to cut and run. Once the lead starts flying (and whose to say the cage people weren't armed?) everyone who is involved's life is going to be permanently changed, either through someone's death or jail/hospital time.

Thank God Doc is ok. Karma is a bitch.......and usually what comes around goes around....hopefully at a great multiplying factor.

Pokey...no offense here, but you need to read up on Ohio law. I carry as well. If you "flash" your gun and he shoots you, guess whose fault it is? The whole point of "concealed" carry is that. It is concealed util you need it, which means you are going to shoot.