Somebody tried to kill me

NinjaDoc

While coming north through route 170,

We are tagging behind this pick up truck waiting for an opportunity to pass, after some twisty roads end, there comes this straight portion (not even double yellow)... as i initiated this move to pass i can feel him trying to speed up...but by this time i am already on left lane beside him....

and then...this guys starts coming into the midline.... thank god i was on lower gear and power in reserve..i flip the throttle hard and pass and on rear view mirror i can see him swerve on to the left hand side of lane barely missing me. May be the whole thing is a weird imagination of mine.... coz i honestly dont want to believe people like that exist on the very road we drive or ride.

after this he continues to speed up right behind me on the straight way as much as he can .. as if trying to run me over from behind..at this time we must both be doing waaaaay above the speed limit ( i dont wana say how much) .. i wanted to slow down and let him pass...but half of my mind is saying if i slow down he is gonna run me over... he kept at it till the next series of turn come along and then he got left behind.

Bikerboy was behind this whole process watching what happened. and then some stuff happened between him and this guy which he needs to elaborate, ( thats even more drama.. lets say he comes out with a dog)

Never imagined this would happen when i saw that old famous "bike vs pick up youtube video" . Wish he had a go pro on his bike at that time. Any ways hopefully people are not weird and homicidal like this and it was just a mistake.

Edited by NinjaDoc

A few of us OR guys were out riding twisties and some in-bred hillbillies in a full size jacked up pick up raced us up a long hill and tried to prevent us from passing. He failed but why make the pass any less safe than it already is. What do these morons not understand about power to weight ratio? Why do they take offense to being passed like it's a race?

I say fuck 'em. Glad you're ok NinjaDoc. Good reason to have your CCW.

yea thank god, it was a beautiful day to ride and we put in like 190+ miles and boom this happens at the end. Now no euphoria from the ride

...just this scary thought what if this turned out bad.

plate, address every thing bikerboy has, but i dont want to make matters worse. So we left things as it is and just got home.

He wanted a fight bring it on report the plate and driver

It doesn't happen often but it does happen. In 10-12 years of riding backroads there have been 3-4 incidents that were bad and could have been really ugly. I think about it as a possibility when I pass. As.mentioned above CCW can give piece of mind for those rare assholes...

like i said might be a total misunderstanding from my part

What's to misunderstand about this I mean guy tried to run you off the road and kept chasing you. Now if he swerved back into his lane then ok but chasing a bike guy was asking for it. Just sayin.

I have a 85hp cruiser so I can't outrun someone as easily as back when I had the 1000RR, so now it's going to have to be my .357 in a tankbag for quick access. Loaded with 125gr hp ammo from Double Tap of course. Sportbikes seem to take all the heat these days and I tend to do no more than 10 over the limit when I'm out, keeping a low profile. There was gravel all over today so if I ever get another sportbike, it will be to hone my skills at the track. I did feel good after riding about 110 miles on my Warrior. It's difficult to say what you would do in a situation when you're behind a computer screen but taking matters into your own hands has its many drawbacks. You are safe, that's what's important...

Well the important ting is the two of you are safe and ok. As for the asshat in the truck he can go fuck himself. That is all

^^This! But it would be better if he was getting effed by his boyfriend in the penn....

Similar situations have happened to me or groups I've been riding with more times than I can remember. (Pickup truck every time.) The last one would have ended ugly if the sheriff’s department hadn't been waiting for the whole group at the next stop.

Bikes lose every time in a pure vehicle confrontation and I assume everyone else is armed also. I do understand being pushed to the "fuck it" stage and wanting to go for it anyway but it’s a good way to ruin a ride.