Chatterbox Xbi headsets $100 for the pair

JCMathis

I have a pair of Chatterbox Xbi bluetooth headsets that my wife and I have used for a couple years as rider to passenger headsets. They work great for listening to music or receiving calls while sync'd to a smart phone as well as communicating between devices. I have been on calls while going down the interstate at 70mph and the person I was speaking with had no idea I was riding my bike. The headsets are for full face helmets, they do not have the boom style mic. The only thing needed for you to start using them is double sided tape to mount the device bracket to the side of your helmet. There is also a power cord to allow you to recharge device while in use. I have never used this plug since the headset will last for most rides each day.

This is the link to the chatter box website for more information on this device:

http://chatterboxusa.com/?page_id=42

IMAG0134.jpg

Edited by JCMathis

• 1 month later...

Question on these. I picked up an xbi and an xbi2 on eBay. The seller (I got both from same seller) said that the xbi could not communicate w other units, but that the xbi2 could. Sounds like you're saying that's false, as you and your wife used the xbi set to talk back-and-forth. Or maybe it's that the xbi and xbi2 can't communicate with each other?

Also. This kit is the boom style mic kit. He said he used it w a full face helmet, not open face. Is that possible? Only way to get boom inside is to go up through the bottom. The mic ends up wedged between my mouth or chin and the helmet. Kind of annoying. Could you "feel" your mic? Or was it small

Enough to be unnoticed?

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

Question on these. I picked up an xbi and an xbi2 on eBay. The seller (I got both from same seller) said that the xbi could not communicate w other units, but that the xbi2 could. Sounds like you're saying that's false, as you and your wife used the xbi set to talk back-and-forth. Or maybe it's that the xbi and xbi2 can't communicate with each other?

According to Chatterbox's website the xbi and xbi2 will not work with each other. The XBI will work with other XBI's.

The mic ends up wedged between my mouth or chin and the helmet. Kind of annoying. Could you "feel" your mic? Or was it small

Enough to be unnoticed?

On my full face I move the mic to the side so it is between my cheek and helmet and do not feel it there and it is plenty close for clear conversation. That is using Chatterbox's 'boom' mike.