WTB bar style pool table

Beegreenstrings

Do you have a local pool hall? They are usually the best lines on where one would be. When you say bar style, do you just mean coin operated, or do you mean size wise? There is a guy down here, that has a Gandi pool table for a pretty good price. Would have to come down here to get it, and probably take apart and reassemble it at your place. . I think it is a 9 footer. Could be wrong though.

If you have the room for it, and the price range, look for at least an 8 foot table. Your price range, is going to be a big factor. Do you want slate top, wood, 3x6/3.5x7/4x8/4.5x9? Is there a certain brand you are wanting(Valley, Diamond, etc...)? I might be able to get you a table that is either 3x6 or 3.5x7, but it isn't the best table.

There is more thought in this, than what you may think. I could also be over thinking this also. If it were me, I would get a 9 footer. I believe I can get you a Brunswick 9 foot for 2 grand, but again you will need to assemble it at your place.

I would say your best bet would be go to a local pool hall, or vending machine dealer, and see if they can find you one. I personally don't know anyone that uses anything other than valley or diamond "bar boxes." Of the two sizes, I would suggest the 7ft. table.

From what I can find online, it looks like the "panther" is a valley pool table. Valley is very common, and fairly easy to find. There are a few pool tables on craigslist, so that may be an option. Also, check with local places that have tables, and find out if they either have more, or can get you a number on one.

Funny. I am tyring to close on a house now...when my current house sells I'll be buying a Valley coin op pool table. Check craigslist. Those tables are built to handle the abuse of being in a bar...they last forever.

Panther is made by Valley/Dynamo.

Pretty much all the Valley tables are nice. There are some older coin tables that are just called Dynamo that are also really nice.

You can find these used around $4-500. Even if the felt is trashed it's pretty inexpensive to refelt. When it's time, I plan to pay a pro to move/setup the table, while they are there, might as well refelt it.

Valley is pretty much the market on bar tables. The only problem when getting one, is getting them out of the old owners location. Usually they tend to put them in the most retarded places, and they won't take them out because of the hassle it was to get them in there.

Nice thing about having a table at home, is the felt will last for years. Spend the little extra and get good cloth, have it installed right, and you won't have no worries for a few years.

Seems like we could do a pool stick thread in this as well. Any takers?

I have a table you can have, if you can bring 4 or five guys to move it! It's extremely heavy and it's in my basement. let me know if your interested.

I know it is the player, but it is always nice to have the weight and tip you prefer when shooting. I hate walking into a new place and not being able to find a stick in the weight I use.

I have found that I have liked Viking cues, as far as production cues, the best. The one I shoot with I have had for 12 years, and the back up is one that I have had for 15 years. I ordered both new, and got the super joint on both sticks. Extra shaft for both of them in 14mm so I can have them turned down to what I want if I ever break a shaft, and both are 21oz. Only shaft that doesn't have the same tip, is on the older one, and I changed it out for snooker about 10 years ago. By the way, I am 26 and these are the only two cues I have kept since I started when I was 6. Started buying sticks when I was about 10. Damn... Now that I think of all the money I have put in pool... makes me wonder what the hell I was doing spending that kind of money as a kid.

Cues I have owned:

Meucci(Sneaky pete red dot, that I busted breaking with. Never bought another one do to the flex.)

Vikings

Joss

Huebler(Wish I would have never got rid of that sneaky pete. Hit a ton, and have yet to see anyone else have one.)

Viper

Action

Players

Lucassi(Cue felt good, but always had the shaft nicking up. Felt like the shaft was to "soft" for me)

Mali

Adams

I have tried a lot of the "production" cues. Just like viking the best out of them. My next one will be a custom cue. I shoot with people that have a couple of the very first that Richard Harris made, and may buy one of them. Haven't made my mind up yet.

What red dot are you looking for?

Send me pics! Is it slate? And how long

I'm not sure but if you ever want to come look at it I live in the whitehall area. if your out riding sometime come take a look.