Knox Contour Back Protector (Non-Race)

BDBGoalie

DSCN1624.JPG?gl=US

DSCN1626.JPG?gl=US

$150 (September 2011)

I've been riding with this since last fall and really enjoy it. I survived getting sliding off the dragon with only minor injuries, but I also didn't land directly on my back. (Well I don't think I did anyways. I was kind of tumbling down a hill so its a little fuzzy)

It breathes real nice and its not obtrusive. I can remove the back plates from my jackets and use this in place of them without much of a noticeable difference. It fits nice and snugly in my leathers and did not move around during the two and a half days of riding.

The waist belt has two sets of straps so you can really cinch it down. That is a nice feature as the day goes on because tightening that will help support your back. You can also adjust the straps up and down on the back plate. There is also armor that is sandwiched between the two belt layers, and can be moved to sit directly on your kidneys.

The shoulder straps are easy to adjust and can be used in normal or crossed configuration. Supposedly you can snug a chest protector up nicely in the crossed configuration, but I haven't gotten to using that armor yet.

Overall I'm really happy with it. It seems to be well built and capable of doing its job without being obtrusive. I'll update this review after my track day on the 12th. I will also try and snap some pics when I'm back home in a week and replace the stock image.

Edited by BDBGoalie
Updated Pictures