What's the good bad an ugly of the GTO's

Beegreenstrings

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge After market on the LS engines. Very easy to make big power. Comfortable.

2004 had 350HP

A lot of people dont like the looks. I think it looks clean.

Id like to have one but Ive got a few friends that have them so... I like to be different.

personally id try to find an 04 or 05 so you can get the faster 6 litre... although some ppl like the 04 body more. the 6 litre has 50hp more stock, and has a stouter drive shaft and stuff.

you can always mod the ls1 to get that extra 50hp... idk personally, id want the 6L to start with so im not trying to play catch up :)

Edited by John

must get the 6.0, don't settle for less. Willing to bet you'll be plagued with the typical GM window regulator problem on coupes. Plenty of interior rattle noise is bound to happen as well. If you plan on making any power, beef up the rear end or you'll probably blow it

pm RsvDon. He probably would be the most knowledgeable on this board regarding GTO's as he did a sweet Holden conversion on his if I remember right

Cool thanks guys. Since I lost the extra 140lbs in the split I have been looking.

This is the only machine I have been in that really made me smile.

I drove a Mercedes (QL) I thought it was a CL500? I 07 stang (kiddy car). 2011 raptor. 05 Saleen. New crew can truck with the new 5.0 and a vette c5 I think? It was a 99.

This goat was the only thing I liked so far.

pm RsvDon. He probably would be the most knowledgeable on this board regarding GTO's as he did a sweet Holden conversion on his if I remember right

This.. Though he doesnt get on much so you might be out of luck on that.

For the price difference between the 04s and the 05-06. I buy an 04 and put intake and exhaust and youll have almost picked up that 50 HP. plus it would sound way better. then you can do heads and cam later. Don and I have another buddy that did this and he puts down just under 500 to the wheels now.

There is also a Guy named Mike Pirnia in Centerville that owns Proxses Tuning. He has a GTO and it use to be a Twin turbo 408 making around 800HP. could probably call him up and ask him some questions. might be one of the nicest guys I know.

Cool thanks guys. Since I lost the extra 140lbs in the split I have been looking.

This is the only machine I have been in that really made me smile.

I drove a Mercedes (QL) I thought it was a CL500? I 07 stang (kiddy car). 2011 raptor. 05 Saleen. New crew can truck with the new 5.0 and a vette c5 I think? It was a 99.

This goat was the only thing I liked so far.

was it just a plain C5? If so find a Z06. I'd take a C5 of any trim over a GTO any day

Too many miles, plus they lowered it

depending what its lowered on could make a huge difference in ride quality. Vette's don't really NEED lowered but when done right it offers some advantages

I wish I had a bigger damn garage because I'd be in the market for a fun car again and now all this talk has me looking at some C5's :D

For the price difference between the 04s and the 05-06. I buy an 04 and put intake and exhaust and youll have almost picked up that 50 HP.

tru dat. but when the guy with the 06 does intake and exhaust too, arent you back in the hole trying to play catch up?

Pro's

-Unique car so you wont see yourself everywhere you go.

-lots of parts at Summit Racing

-Makes decent power and with some mods can make great power!

Con's

-Gearing the rearend is limited and very expensive! (this is the only real turn off for me on that car. Cars in the muscle car realm I prefer to rip off the line like a Vtwin bike).

-Parts in general are expensive

-Its a GM