Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3.0

BDBGoalie

51tMjZE5x7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Picked up a new jacket to replace my rashed Blaster 4.0.

Joe Rocket has designed a true 3.5 season jacket. The outer layer is windproof (Tested true) and waterproof (Not tested, nor do I really want to), the inner layer is a fully functional mesh summer jacket (Armor is sewn on the mesh), and the mesh jacket has a fleece thermal vest liner. The outer layer even folds up into itself to create a bag that contains the outer, has enough room for the fleece, and straps to you with the enclosed elastic strap.

I've had a chance to test this in 50°-70°, and I have nothing but praise for it.

The outer layer does a great job of blocking the wind, and keeping the heat in. It has two waterproof vents that do a good job of flowing air through the jacket if you get warm.

Converting the outer to its bag is as easy as flipping it around and rolling it up until the zippered pocket is exposed. Then just stuff and go.

The mesh works great as a summer jacket with the liner adding that little bit of warmth if you want it. (I just used the vents for those in-between temperatures and it was fine).

The only downside is the fact that since it is Textile/Mesh, crashes tend to destroy them.

Overall for $233, having a jacket that will cover all of my street riding seems like a great deal to me.

Edited by BDBGoalie

Oh its strong, no doubt. But some of that protection seems to come at the cost of the material much more so than leather. From my experience you seem to get 1-2 crashes from a textile/mesh, and my leather has taken 3 without complaining too much. My .02.

I'm about a 42-44 jacket size, and I've worn a Medium in Joe Rocket for years with about a 20 lbs fluctuation in weight and no fitment issues. They seem to fit normal sized to me.

Now that is just their Textile/Mesh, which have lots of adjustment. I can't say anything about their leather.