2014 Impala

2talltim

4 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Not Chevy hating. Cars are a waste of money. Some dipshit paid $45k for a car and then got ride of it a few years later for half that. It'd be more fun to buy a car for $20k and then shoot it with a cannon after a couple years.

Same cost. More fun. 

Last one we bought was an off lease 2 years old with 25k on it for half price of new. I don't thing I will buy new again.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We usually by new because the wife is very particular about which car she wants. However then we keep it for 10 years or so, so the amortized cost isn't really that bad and she gets what she wants.

The car I drive is a 20 yr old beater.  For me cars are basic transportation, I'd rather save the money for bicycles and motorcycles :D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

We usually by new because the wife is very particular about which car she wants. However then we keep it for 10 years or so, so the amortized cost isn't really that bad and she gets what she wants.

This is what we do. Buy new, get exactly what we want with all the goodies we want and drive them for a long time.

if I do new (which we do for my wife) I'd rather lease. She doesn't like having cars for more than 2-3 years because her dad was a sucker of buy new keep for 3 years then sell it to buy new again. They had too much money when they were growing up and she got spoiled

2 hours ago, CBBaron said:

The car I drive is a 20 yr old beater.  For me cars are basic transportation, I'd rather save the money for bicycles and motorcycles :D

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

This is what we do. Buy new, get exactly what we want with all the goodies we want and drive them for a long time.

What we do too but buy used..lol

I think there is every bit of the selection on the use market than there is new. Might have to look a little harder and be more selective but it can be done the same way. My wife's white Impala is the exact car she dreamed of having so when it crossed our paths even though it was 9 months earlier than we had planned we grabbed it and saved 20 grand. The other 3 cars we own are 2005, 2007 and 1997s for Christ sake..lol

Edited by 2talltim

10 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

What we do too but buy used..lol

I think there is every bit of the selection on the use market than there is new. Might have to look a little harder and be more selective but it can be done the same way. My wife's white Impala is the exact car she dreamed of having so when it crossed our paths even though it was 9 months earlier than we had planned we grabbed it and saved 20 grand. The other 3 cars we own are 2005, 2007 and 1997s for Christ sake..lol

Yea, there is lots if used Kia Niros out there.

:Tard:

10 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Give it a year. There will be some

great buys on 2 year old V8 4x4 trucks and SUVs. Stock up on a bunch of shitmobile 4 bangers and save gas then sell when gas goes back to $4 a gallon

consumer reports did a list of the most over priced vehicles on the market.   ford F250, 2 models of dodge rams, and the gmc sierra 2500 made the top of the list.  there is no reason a pickup truck is going for $50K+ new.    these things should be starting around $20k ending around $26k.  

in my opinion a 4x4 truck is a waste of money.  youre not supposed to drive it above 55 for long periods.  so useless to get to work on the 1 day a month you might need it.  I think a lot of people think a 4x4 is the same as an all wheel drive 

Edited by serpentracer

I'm in the market for a 17/18 Grand Cherokee. The trim level (trailhawk) and color (rhino) i want came out in 2017 so i can't really get anything older than that. They also did a transmission upgrade in 2016 that's suppose to be better in terms of reliability. 

I've been looking for used ones but it's really too early for them. I have yet to find one in a 500 mile radius that has the exact packages i want. But even then, they want almost as much as new with 15,000 miles. Might as well spend the extra grand to get the new one. 

One thing i find amusing is there are cheaper 2018's in Michigan than 2017's around here. I'll probably be driving up there end of Sept to get one. 

One last thing is you can buy a lifetime basically bumper-to-bumper warranty on new jeeps for about $2,700. The cost goes up as the car gets older if you don't buy it right away. But i plan on keeping this car for a long time to tow and for winter. And then get some sport car in like 4-5 years; got my eye on a lotus evora at the moment. 

Edited by ludwb675

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, Isaac's Papa said:

I would strongly advise anyone getting into a Dodge or Jeep to buy the finest factory warranty available. 

I was thinking it but wasn't going to say it. Thanks IP

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I was thinking it but wasn't going to say it. Thanks IP

Hmm...... I've been scouring the forums for quite a while now researching and it doesn't seem like there are that many issues with them. There was tranny issues in the 2014/15 models with hard shifts between 1-2; but that has been fixed. The only other issue that pops up is the compressor for the air ride.