2014 Impala

2talltim

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Impala looks nice...I am assuming overpriced, and late for the dance in technology, and quality, true to form with GM!

Bought new for the wife in 2003, Hyundai Elantra GT, 180K miles, still going strong, basic maintenance, tie rod end replacement under warranty is all, money well spent...I have been driving it to work for a year now.

My Daughter just got her license yesterday, so she will be driving it until we find her a car that we can agree on.

I was a die hard GM person in my early years, things have changed, so has the company!

When GM advertised the first and new innovative rear doors for trucks that fully open, I had to laugh, my 2005 Nissan Titan king cab that was setting in my garage at the time already had them...I think it was the 2007 models, not sure, maybe 2006.

It's a GM sedan, which all but guarantees:

1. First year model will be plagued with stuff like bad bearings, brakes, water pumps, head gaskets, and the like.

2. It will depreciate fast, and hard.

3. It will be overpriced. You'll likely be able to buy a similar car of much better quality for the same dough.

Yeah.. same thing. Right? :dunno:

I'm sure the newer Hyundais are nice rides. I heard a snipit on NPR' date=' where the Korean public thought Chevrolet wasn't good enough to sell in their country. I lol'd.[/quote']

Heck, I don't blame them one bit - GM sucks.

When GM advertised the first and new innovative rear doors for trucks that fully open, I had to laugh, my 2005 Nissan Titan king cab that was setting in my garage at the time already had them...I think it was the 2007 models, not sure, maybe 2006.

I'm pretty sure Ford beat everyone with them on the F-150 F-Series SuperCrew in '01.

• 5 years later...

Forgot about this thread. Wife has had her 2014 Impala LTZ2 for over a year now and we love it. And we still have the 2007 has over 200,000 miles on it now. 

Edited by 2talltim

• 4 weeks later...

no shock on any of those models. Volt is overprice, sonic in no way can compete with any other make in it's class and the full size luxo sedan market seems down across the board due to the crossover and SUV segment

2 hours ago, serpentracer said:

heard gm is already thinking of pulling the plug on these.  they couldn't even get police to buy them

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/07/22/report-gm-may-kill-chevy-volt-sonic-and-four-other-cars/501798001/

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

no shock on any of those models. Volt is overprice, sonic in no way can compete with any other make in it's class and the full size luxo sedan market seems down across the board due to the crossover and SUV segment

I think what is killing the Impala is they are still making the old style as a fleet car, they call it the Impala Limited. If they wouldn't have done that maybe the newer one would have sold better. Plus the price on these is insane. The one my wife has is a LTZ2 or what they now call a Premium, the sticker for it new was $43k (sticker was in the glovebox) We bought it at 2 1/2 years old with 27k miles on it at $24,500 previous owner really took it up the tail pipe on it.  

48 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

The one my wife has is a LTZ2 or what they now call a Premium, the sticker for it new was $43k 

That's what is killing it. I considered one pretty hard, but by the time you equip it, it is over 40K. It's still an Impala, it doesn't scream 40K at you.

11 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

My house was only a little more expensive. 45k for a Chevy is asinine. 

$45k for a Chevy is easy. Pickups, full-sized SUVs, Corvette, Camaro, SS all hit >$45k pretty easily for MSRP. Same is true for nearly any auto maker these days :(

$45k for a family sedan does seem rich. Thats why those buyers are looking at crossovers like the Equinox and Traverse instead. 

Now ours it totally decked out there is only one option it doesn'thave that's the adaptive cruise control and if it had that it would have the ugly grill on it. But everything else it has or has the upgrade. So $43k is top of the mark for them. I think the LS with the eco tech4are in the 31k to 33k range. Why when the one we bought popped up for $24k we jumped on it. The exact color and options we wanted with the 310HP V6. I didn't even haggle with them, gave a deposit over the phone.

Looks like they can be had in the upper $20s now with the V6 with discounts this is my local dealer. The Premire at the bottom would be comparable to my wifes with a few other extra added on.

https://www.fredychevy.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&saveFacetState=true&model=Impala&trim=&driveLine=&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-model-7

Edited by 2talltim

I still don't get all the chevy hatting. They have been good to me over the years and they stepped up the game lately too.It's not you father chevy anymore. The fit and finish in that car is top notch and currently at 47k miles it hasen'tbeen in the shop yet, and I don't baby it either. 200k on our 2007 and it never had any big issues and my Tahoe is stilling at 160K miles and she in in prime condition.