Tryin to getter back together!

Kent2406

Yeah, I agree, I think it may be a little too low. I was trying to even out the spacing around the brackets. I plan on making a small windscreen to cover the guage and bracket, so I'll wait until I do that before deciding if it should move or not. Tonight, putting fresh filter and oil in, a little petro, and see if it will fire up. If all goes well, I'll get the carbs synced. Hopefully my brake lines are waiting on me when I get home. And just found out, the longer caliper bolts I ordered are on back order until next week, of course. Still need to wire in the front turn signals and headlight. So until then, I'll be able to fire it up and look at it.

How's it coming along? Saw this thread for the first time last week and I'm impressed with the rebuild. Wanna see how she looks finished and running.....minus the caliper bolts.

It's pretty much done! I've rode it to work a couple of days this week, so far. Doing a few tweeks here and there and still need to get the suspension set up right. The biggest problem I'm having is, it's starving for fuel at higher RPMs and or higher speeds. With removing the body work and ram air setup, I expected this. It's just a matter of getting it all figured out. Maybe this weekend I'll get it cleaned up and take some pictures.

As for the caliper bolts, I canceled the order and just went to the hardware store and bought the strongest bolts I could get (8.8). I was wanting actual caliper bolts just for the piece of mind. But as far as I know, there no stronger, so F'it. It's not like I'm going to any tracks, so these should be fine. And if not? I guess I may end up finding out what it's like to crash the bike twice.

As for the caliper bolts, I canceled the order and just went to the hardware store and bought the strongest bolts I could get (8.8). I was wanting actual caliper bolts just for the piece of mind. But as far as I know, there no stronger, so F'it. It's not like I'm going to any tracks, so these should be fine. And if not? I guess I may end up finding out what it's like to crash the bike twice.

I used regular bolts on mine, I couldn't find longer caliper bolts anywhere. Not sure what ones you ordered but the 03-at least 08 are the same bolt.

Bike looks good, I always loved the blue.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, all the bugs are worked out and it runs great! Had a problem with fuel starvation and figured it was plugged jets, and the picture below pretty much says it all. Gotta repaint the seat cowl since it flew off the other day. Guess I didn't have it latched. Shit happens. Anyway, I'll be lookin for some rides now!

P1040977.jpg

P1040981.jpg

P1040983.jpg

P1040985.jpg

P1040986.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks pretty good. I think the sub frame would look better with the same color as the frame. But other wise very cool. What are you using for a exhaust hanger?

I was thinking about painting the subframe the same color, but silver was meant to be part of the look, and thought it was needed in the rear to help even it out. As for an exhaust hanger, don't have one. It's just as sturdy without one as it was with. Besides, when I get the cash, I'm gonna upgrade the whole exhaust system. One that's meant to go through the hole in the swingarm, with a GP style can.