Tryin to getter back together!

Kent2406

Some of you may remember I crashed the bike last July and haven't ridden since. Not cause I didn't want to, but because I couldn't. For one, the bike wasn't ridable, and two, I couldn't ride because my arm being all boogered up. So bad, I haven't even been able to fap with it, and it's my favorite fapping arm, damn it! Anyway, I've been collecting parts all winter, and recently started to tear it down and rebuild. Not sure how long it's going to take me to get it back up and running, but I'm hoping for the end of May.

Alright on to the pictures!

What it looked like before I crashed it,

P10403801.jpg

After I crashed it,

P1040616-1.jpg

And the way it currently sits,

P1040828-1.jpg

I've decided to go with the whole streetfighter naked look, because I've always liked that. It works out for me anyway because of my arm all boogered, I can't lean over anymore, anyway. So Have to go with the risers and dirty bars. That, or get rid of my bike and buy a cruiser and I'm not getting a cruiser. Plus, my bike is paid for.So, I'm basically replacing everything except for the frame, motor, and gas tank.

Here's most of the parts I've accumulated. Things like the new tires and what not, are not pictured.

P1040782.jpg

I already have the wheels, tank, and what plastic will be on the bike, all stripped and painted. Not very good pictures, sorry.

These pictures of the wheel was before the clear coat.

P1040785-1.jpg

P1040786-1.jpg

P1040796-1.jpg

P1040818-1.jpg

P1040817-1.jpg

P1040816-1.jpg

Damn thing still has dirt on it from the crash!

P1040827-1.jpg

Things I still need to do before putting it back together:

1. Paint the motor, frame, and swingarm. I know, I should have the frame and swingarm powder coated. It's just not in the budget anymore.

2. Have the oem stem pressed out and into the new lower triple. Thankfully my brother is a machinist and is going to do it for me at work.

3. Get the new subframe modded and welded to fit my frame.

4. Rewire the harness plug for the digital gauge.

5. Make a mount for the digital gauge.

6. And???????? I don't know, a whole bunch of other crap!!!!

If anyone wants to come to Strasburg to help or bullshit, let me know. I'll supply the beer! Cheers!

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I've been checking out Customfighters for a while now, longer than I've had this bike actually.

Sure is blue, 03-04 front. Not as good as the 05 and newer, but better than the conventionals I took off. Already have the longer SS brake line. Looks like I'm going to have to buy longer for the front too. Also, probably going to need longer clutch and throttle cables. Just going to wait till I get the bars on, so I get an accurate measurement. I have the wave rotors from the 05 and newer, but the calipers are 03-04 so I'll have to buy or make spacers for the mounting bolts.

I'm currently struggling with a debate in my head of whether or not I should drop the motor from the frame and prep them properly, or half assing it without dropping it. It's just so much more work and time. I just want to ride, but I know I should do it right.

Let me look, I may have bolts and spacers you can have.

Not sure what mastercylinder your running up front but you will need the newer lines. The throttle cables off a 07-08 should work, they are longer.

I just ordered a swingarm for my 03 so should be interesting.

Sweet man! That would be cool!

Right now, I have the stock master cylinder. I've heard, I should upgrade it, but I'm going to use it for now and see how it feels. I don't track and I'm sure I'll be pretty conservative on the street from now on. I don't need anymore stainless steel in my body.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update. Got the frame done last night. Painted charcoal metallic. Still have to do the swing arm and subframe. My brother is currently pressing the steering stem in the new lower triple. Hopefully, things will start going back together soon! I still have my goal set for the end of the month to have it together and as of now, I don't see a reason why that won't happen. Anyway, here's the frame.

P1040878.jpg

Made my own ram air covers out of a 2" PVC coupler cut in half, two 3" PVC test caps (I have know idea what these are for. Just found them in the PVC section at Lowes.), and some stainless steel screen I got from work.

P1040881.jpg

P1040882.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to meet my goal of having the bike back together by the end of the month. Maybe the middle of June, who knows. :cry:

But, I did get the front end on. Workin on the header at the moment. Hopefully I'll get it and the radiator on by the end of the night. Then hopefully get the wiring harness back in and the rest of the little shit done by mid June.

P1040916-1.jpg

P1040917-1.jpg