Experience w/ Midwest Cafe Racing Association

ohdaho

Oh and FYI from the guy in MCRA on AFJ....

ABI Photography was at Putnam this last weekend and told me the garages are not done yet. The people who had rented them were given refunds. Zack(ABI) was told that they are working on the garages everyday. And, they should be done by April 21.

I have personally rented a garage space for me and my buddies. But, after hearing this, I will be bringing canopies and generators just in case. I suggest you do too.

If I get anymore news I'll pass it along. Please let me know if you hear anything too

Edit* Pictures on their Facebook page

563065_348837305153184_111616048875312_879042_385089854_n.jpg

534778_348837351819846_111616048875312_879043_641994461_n.jpg

534921_348837501819831_111616048875312_879047_265564676_n.jpg

Edited by Mykill

I'll probably have my genny just in case we want some tunes and fans etc. It's going to be amazing out just like Jennings was, so naturally our canopy for MyKill and I.

What time is cuddle time start Friday? I figure we should arrive about 9-10pm, so it will need to be a quicky. MyKill, you still got the rubber sheets from Cox? I will bring the gerbils.

I'll be running Power Ones cold, just gonna take a lap to warm up each time lol.

So, you ditched the Dunlop idea? Power One race? If the race compound, you really need a geny, man...

If Power One street, you really need to get some better tires...:eek: I suspect the former so, I have a spare set of warmers as a back up set and can loan them to you...

So, you ditched the Dunlop idea? Power One race? If the race compound, you really need a geny, man...

If Power One street, you really need to get some better tires...:eek: I suspect the former so, I have a spare set of warmers as a back up set and can loan them to you...

Hey buddy, no didn't ditch that idea just got a real good deal on a set of commercial one's from Grey. I told him I was still looking to run race tires by the end of the season and would want to see what people were saying on the Race Dunlops you suggested stepping up to along with the new Power One races, and go from there. He thought a good mid tire would be the commercials. I still plan to have my genny and hope to have picked up a set of warmers by then, but may need to borrow that set of warmers just for the Putnam weekend.

Todd is selling Woodcrafts for 342 through Motoseries so I was planning to get those the following weekend. ??

Hey buddy, no didn't ditch that idea just got a real good deal on a set of commercial one's from Grey. I told him I was still looking to run race tires by the end of the season and would want to see what people were saying on the Race Dunlops you suggested stepping up to along with the new Power One races, and go from there. He thought a good mid tire would be the commercials. I still plan to have my genny and hope to have picked up a set of warmers by then, but may need to borrow that set of warmers just for the Putnam weekend.

Todd is selling Woodcrafts for 342 through Motoseries so I was planning to get those the following weekend. ??

DO NOT use warmers on Commercials. They are a street/track tire and will get too hot with warmers and through the race, will get greasy early and leave you with a sketchy feeling towards the end of the race...

Commercials are cool, but for that money, you could have paid a bit more and got GPAs for race use. MUCH better tire for race use...

I know you guys feel that you aren't going to go fast enough, but the reality is that you will get faster and honestly, you will go faster on better tires...

Or, buy the US slicks from Dunlop and spend the $450 or so and they will last for a very long time as long as you properly heat and let them cool with the warmers on them at the end of the day... There is a process to letting race tires cool. A LOT of guys just stop in the pit area at the last race and throw the bike in the trailer... That's killing them slowly...

Race School

Dubguy - Both days and racing/CR Sunday

Twisted - Both days and racing

Advanced

Rusty-or are you running race school too? Not sure if you have license or getting it for/from WERA etc. Both days and racing

KTM-Brian - Pending

Blue03636 - Pending, or KTM kicks him in the nuts

Intermediate

Madcat - Both days, possibly racing

MyKill - Both days

Theresa, sorry I forget your usernam aka Twisted's Wifey :) - Both days

Revelstoker - Saturday

Novice

Standout - I'd guess you bump up mid day - Saturday only

ohdaho - prolly do Novice saturday and bump to intermediate on sunday

Edited by Revelstoker
Needs a good # reco???