Experience w/ Midwest Cafe Racing Association

ohdaho

Anybody have any experience with how these folks run track days? Some awesome prices for Putnam coming up that I dont think i can refuse. Just curious if these guys run a tip top show.

It's in conjunction with indy ducati.

Yeah, what MyKill said, I talked to Dubguy, they sound real legit. Dub is doing race school and running 1-2 races and I think I might actually do one at the end of the day Saturday too at Putnam.

They sound real solid and I just need to find out the $$ for transfering my race license from Motoseries. Shit I gotta order that too.

MyKill, Dub CR's for Indy Ducati along with his Dad. I asked if you and I could get some VIP with his dad Saturady(At the track not in the bathrooms) and Dub said sure, so we can get some pointers on the track.

Glad u asked this question. I'm getting ready to sign up for this and the first round with motoseries and have never ran with these guys. Good to know some people that I know will definitely be there.

Your running Int?

it's official. I signed up today. Saturday only. Running novice just to make sure the bike is in tip top shape before asking to move up.

I have my own truck and trailer but would sure love to ride with someone else to help save on gas if anyone has extra space.

Sweet.

I'm still debating on race school... They have a sportsman race that is only for first time racers which I kind of like the sound of. Kind of dependent on the price.

I was viewing this crew earlier and was thinking of doing one of their events. I liked the idea of this sportsman race for first timers but I thought I would give myself a full year in I and getting a bit more comfortable with passing (getting passed).

Well, that and I still haven't figured out T8 at Putnam. Even with Dubguy towing me around I still botched it.

• Upvote 1

Twizted and Revel just an FYI I found out...You won't need to buy a race license to race in the weekend you take the race clinic. For others you will but saves you about $50 that weekend.

Revel I'm with you. I think I'm gonna wait until I'm more comfortable passing as well. But still may do it. Have a few more days to make a decision

MyKill, still not sure if I'll race or not, doubting it pretty big but who knows. My talk with Dave today was solid and definitely looking forward to this trip. I believe we have until 14 days before the event for the reduced pricing so I'm holding on until then(hoping weather is looking good at that point).

I still haven't ordered my license from MS either, I gotta do that tomorrow actually.

I'm not racing so john you won't be the only one if you don't.

Craig, I'm going to pass as well. I need to save the $ for MS in hopes of making it. Just running INT both days.

Let's just do this the right way and start a little tally;

Race School

Dubguy - Both days and racing/CR Sunday

Twisted - Both days and racing

Advanced

Rusty-or are you running race school too? Not sure if you have license or getting it for/from WERA etc. Both days and racing

KTM-Brian - Pending

Blue03636 - Pending, or KTM kicks him in the nuts

Intermediate

Madcat - Both days, possibly racing

MyKill - Both days

Theresa, sorry I forget your usernam aka Twisted's Wifey :) - Both days

Novice

Standout - I'd guess you bump up mid day - Saturday only

Okay I think that's all we have so far posted in here that are looking into this event. If you are add your name to the list etc. It'd be best to try to rideshare for all as I'm guessing gas will be easily 4.00 by then.

MyKill and I are riding together as of now and leaving Friday evening after work. I can't take any time off as I am starting my new position the Monday before.

Edited by madcat6183
Updating vs. adding new post

They run same as others.they require racing license for A level.their races are 25 minutes long.i plan race both days.

You have a race license??

The races are somewhat just a lump of riders. I doubt I race them if I go, but may to try a setup or something and pit in between laps or something...

I am still on the fence with the going to this. I can go to Nelson on Saturday and test and tune the day before and only have to make one single trip up and back. With Putnam, I have to out and back for that event and then up and back for Nelson...

For a track day, that's a bit of an expense for no return in my mind. Would be fun as I would like to set up for the AMA race for the RRGC, but we will see...

Craig, I'm going to pass as well. I need to save the $ for MS in hopes of making it. Just running INT both days.

Let's just do this the right way and start a little tally;

Race School

Dubguy - Both days and racing/CR Sunday

Twisted - Both days and racing

Advanced

Rusty-or are you running race school too? Not sure if you have license or getting it for/from WERA etc. Both days and racing

Intermediate

Madcat - Both days, possibly racing

MyKill - Both days

Theresa, sorry I forget your usernam aka Twisted's Wifey :) - Both days

Blue03636 - Pending

KTM-Brian - Pending

Novice

Standout - I'd guess you bump up mid day - Saturday only

Okay I think that's all we have so far posted in here that are looking into this event. If you are add your name to the list etc. It'd be best to try to rideshare for all as I'm guessing gas will be easily 4.00 by then.

MyKill and I are riding together as of now and leaving Friday evening after work. I can't take any time off as I am starting my new position the Monday before.

Uh, won't be in Intermediate, brother... I'll probably chance it and run Advanced...:D I'm worried that I might be too slow, though and get bumped down...;) Maybe Andy can show me the fast line.

Brian, also sat nelsons would only be half price if your racing sunday. (not trying to sway you in any way).

I just texted John, I'm still up in the air, had some family issues pop up and won't know what is going on for a week or so.

I didn't decide on what group, didn't know if I would be going so slow in the morning to be a bother.

Brian, also sat nelsons would only be half price if your racing sunday. (not trying to sway you in any way).

I just texted John, I'm still up in the air, had some family issues pop up and won't know what is going on for a week or so.

Well, that makes it even tougher... I really need to focus on both tracks for two different reasons, but could just do the extra Friday practice with the RRGC and be fine, I suspect...

Craig, you made it tougher...