2006 Roush Stage 1 Mustang

M_Quick

I'm usually not a fan of decals on cars. I sorta like this one, what do you think peel it or leave it?

RoushSer.jpg

Meh. If it were an actually limited edition car that was a lot less available, I would do a decal. But, they are not hard to find and having the 1876th one is kinda weird to note.

Did you fix the hood strut brackets yet? They are backwards...

Meh. If it were an actually limited edition car that was a lot less available, I would do a decal. But, they are not hard to find and having the 1876th one is kinda weird to note.

Did you fix the hood strut brackets yet? They are backwards...

They are not b/wards! I'm not sure what makes you think that? I will post a picture of a 2012 RS3 so you can look at his. And I'm not sure where you live but I seldom see a Roush Mustang of any year or stage when out on the town. Anyway see for yourself, or maybe the installers at Roush put them on backwards too! Perhaps next time your out and you see a few dozen RS Mustangs take me a picture and show me how they go on. I will be sure to forward it to http://www.roushperformance.com/

hisroush.jpg

Roush makes them this way so you can read the letters from inside the engine compartment. And in case you forgot how mine look, look again!

Myroush-1.jpg

Edited by M_Quick

They are not b/wards! I'm not sure what makes you think that? I will post a picture of a 2012 RS3 so you can look at his. And I'm not sure where you live but I seldom see a Roush Mustang of any year or stage when out on the town. Anyway see for yourself, or maybe the installers at Roush put them on backwards too! Perhaps next time your out and you see a few dozen RS Mustangs take me a picture and show me how they go on. I will be sure to forward it to http://www.roushperformance.com/

hisroush.jpg

Roush makes them this way so you can read the letters from inside the engine compartment. And in case you forgot how mine look, look again!

Myroush-1.jpg

Loads of Roushs around where my parents are in Tampa and really everywhere as he made several stages and around 500 for each with exception to a few where he was doing sub 300.

But, I saw the 1876# and thought to myself that if there are that many, the rareness isnt something I think of when I see almost 2k...

But, according to Roush, if your GT is a manual, there were only 80 made that year. I assume the color code is Torch Red (GT with Grey interior and manual)? They made something like 650 of those I recall.

Anyways, on the hood - you're right, I guess... It looks silly as if you are showing the motor off as these things are really for, the person passing by is looking from the outside... Seems weird. I'd try and get them swapped around in some way but they appear to probably be in the way on shutting the hood.

Weird... But, if ya gotta bling the shit out of something, it all can't be pleasing to the eye...

Nice car. Been a big Stang fan and have had several pre-94s and even had a few drag racers we built. The new generation of Stangs is cool, but unfortunately, they all look too similar... So many models and trims packages.

The Stage 1 is cool since it is an appearance only package, but again, they all look so similar. Have fun with it! Buddy has one of the Bullet editions which is essentially the same thing as it is roush powered...

Yea idk where or how they come up with the build #'s. My sources show in 2006 Roush customized like 1835 cars, 510 sports, 640 stage 1's, 456 stage 2's, and 229 stage 3's. And yea in my model and color type 80 is what I show as well.

2006 Stage 1 Mustang

(640 Total)

D3 – Torch Red

80 – Coupe, Manual Trans, Grey Interior, GT

14 – Convertible, Manual Trans, Grey Interior, GT

8 – Coupe, Auto Trans, Grey Interior, GT

7 – Convertible, Auto Trans, Grey Interior, GT

1 – Coupe, Manual Trans, Red Interior, GT

I checked my vin # awhile ago through Roush and it show's the build # of 1876 is correct. And I kinda like the centennial #!

Model: Mustang

Model Year: 2006

Body Type: Coupe

Bed Type: N/A

Engine Type: GT

Transmission: Man

Stage: 1

Color: Red

Paint Code: D3

Stripe Color: None

Interior Color: Grey

Build Site: B50

Dealer: Harold Zeigler Ford Lowell MI

Prod Start Date: 27-Apr-06

Completion Date: 3-May-06

Vehicle Serial No: N/R

Build No: 1876

Roush Leather: No

And on the hood struts, they only will go on one way. I too thought they were marked wrong when I received them. I called Roush to verify the install, cause there picture on site shows the right side "reading from outside in"? Hinges were marked left and right, so my thoughts were maybe the mean my right side as I'm under hood, lol. So I called and was told there picture on site was old and the design had been changed, wtf?

put a roush stage 1 hitch on it and lets take it to wayne

Funny you say this, because the Buckeye mustang and stampede club's are planing another Hocking hills cruise in October. So I will be down in Wayne area but not with a trailer hitch!

Funny you say this, because the Buckeye mustang and stampede club's are planing another Hocking hills cruise in October. So I will be down in Wayne area but not with a trailer hitch!

When is the HH cruise scheduled? I've got to catch up on my forum threads! I'm not missing this one, unless it is Halloween weekend.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally received the strut tower covers from Roush. Only problem is the 2 inside bolt cover's will not fit with the strut support bar installed. Still looks good with center cap and outside bolt covers. And I Picked up the CDC Sequential Tail light kit tonight!

(CDC) = Classic Design Concepts

DSC_9291.jpg

That thing sits high. Lower it

Yea but no, at 6" it's hard enough not to rub the front fascia. In fact it has some rub marks on it from previous owner.  And it handles well enough the way it is for sitting in the garage most of the time, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Roush CAI, now I need a tune or to by a Bama tuner from http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-07-mustang-chips-tuners.html

Not sure where old picture of intake went, but. here's a new one. Also I picked up a Diablosport Predator, and ran the 91 octane tune for the Airaid intake. Found tuner on eBay Stage3motorsports, for $68.50 shipped new and unlocked! So now my baffle is out, can't wait for some decent weather. 

DSC_1631_zpsf06ed2b1.jpg

Also added this 5 piece grill kit. Roush leaves the lower valance open for some reason?

DSC_1635_zpsca8d56a6.jpg

Added some billet parts to the inside, have more on the way. This shows e-brake and ac knobs. I'm waiting on more billet parts from http://www.uprproducts.com/

Radio knob and menu/ cd player control covers, door pins with bezels, and trunk strut tower covers. 

DSC_3277_zpse6bd529b.jpg

Edited by M_Quick

Nice car.

Thanks! I added the Radio polished billet knob with knurled sides! Also the Steada e-brake cover in photo. I'm going to try and have it polished off smooth, I picked it up cheap. I also have the Radio CD menu covers, but I'm waiting for warmer weather to apply them. 

DSC_3435_zps33f2fb33.jpg

http://www.uprproducts.com/ Polished door pins, I also have the door pin bezel's to install once it warms up. Items are peel and stick with 3m tape, or silicone. 

DSC_3278_zps831f702f.jpg

Roush trunk deck lid tool kit part# 401373 Pliers, ratchet, wrenches, sockets, and tire tread depth gauge are all laser engraved. I never plan on using these for anything but show. I love how the trunk light hits these and lights them up pretty. lol yea I know I'm a geeker...  

DSC_3433_zps5e32ff4b.jpg

Closed tool box, also in photo you can see the UPR Polished Billet trunk strut covers.

DSC_3434_zps10d956c3.jpg

Currently I'm waiting on The ROUSH BILLET Oil, Radiator, & Power Steering Fluid Cap Cover's - in the Black Anodized Finish. Also I managed to track down a hard to find Roush Part# 402030.  Roush Engraved seat tilt lever covers.

Yea holy Roush hell man!! It's almost to the point where Roush needs to pay you for promoting Roush. I'm not sure but is this a true Roush? I'm surprised your name hasn't changed to Roush_m_Roush_quick_Roush. Enjoy the Roush mustang.

Good Christ...

More badging than a Harley owners group rally.

If a car is that fast, you don't have to tell everyone how fast it is.

It's all show and no go power yet.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk