2006 Roush Stage 1 Mustang

M_Quick

Went looking for a truck, and ended up buying this Mustang. Had only 25k miles on it. Here's a few pictures.

DSC_7751.jpg

DSC_7753.jpg

DSC_7754.jpg

Car came with this cover, looks almost like new. I'm not sure if its indoor or outdoor. Seams weather resistance but hard to tell.

DSC_7761.jpg

I added the ROUSH Mustang Hood Strut kit.

DSC_7778.jpg

Also put the comfort sleeve on the seat belts.

DSC_7794.jpg

The Carbon fiber kit was part on the Roush stage 1 upgrade.

DSC_7782.jpg

The Roush Short throw shifter is sweet!

DSC_7783.jpg

Took a week to clear out enough room in garage. The main problem was a 1979 F150 4x4. I listed it on CL but no interest, so I shipped it off to have it worked on. Maybe some day I can use it to haul my quad.

DSC_7790.jpg

nice car man .... guy i know just got his 2012 gt500 back from shelby for the super snake package just this weekend!

I'll bet that will be a bad ass car, but no way I could afford one like that. Stage 1 is all I could possible budget. If you get a picture of your buddy's car post it up!

Damn man! That is one nice truck! Where's the trailer hitch?
Nice car, but now you still need a truck.:)

I guess you two missed the part of my post about clearing out the garage. The biggest thing in there was a 1979 F150 4x4. I'm in a long process of restoring it. And I always have the wife's Suburban. Here's a picture of the old truck waiting on the wrecker.

DSC_7773.jpg

I like the Roush pkg's on '05 later Stangs - good lookin' ride, Congrats!!

I passed up on a brand new 2004 40th edition Roush stage 2 V6. awhile back. It was a sweet deal the 05's were out so the dealer had like a huge rebate on car, and was tossing out the price of the Roush package all together! Car was right around 20k. They offer'd me a measly 9k for my 2003 Malibu LS loaded with leather interior, with less than 10k miles on it. I just paid over 20k for it a year before! I tried to get them to give me 12,500 for my trade, but the most they came up was 9,800. So I walked, it was a sweet ride. I like the 05 body style better but the Roush package on that 04 was bad ass. The thing I like the best, besides the racing chip in the motor was the custom billet aluminum rocker panels. Makes the plastic door sills look like plain cheap shit. I wish I could find these in the after market world for my 2006.

:bow: Love that car!!!
Beautiful. Color me jealous.
Nice choice

Thanks thanks thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Love it, Mustangs best fucking pony cars out there.
nice ride

Thanks guys! I added the Roush billet fuel door the other day. This was hard to find, as it was nla from Roush Performance.com and several ebay seller act like they have it, but don't! I found it at Summit Racing. Placed order after 9pm and it arrived next day before 3pm! Now that's service! I'm trying to figure out what type of strut tower brace to buy.

DSC_7850.jpg

strut tower brace in a coupe wont be noticeable at all...especially for the type of driving that car will most likely see (non-professional level, i mean).....so if youre set on buying one - realize you will be paying for the looks and nothing else

that being said - the double bars looks nice...the one that looks best IMO is the FRPP V6 brace....its the one used on the bullitt...the GT brace wont clear the manifold cover, but the v6 one will

heres a pic

73495d1268231773-strut-tower-brace-008.jpg

for comparison, heres the gt brace....sans manifold cover obviously

73472d1268153108-strut-tower-brace-strut.jpg

or if you dont mind ruining the cover, you can run some grooves into it and use the tighter fitting gt brace

198108863803.jpg

838267863803.jpg

Edited by Steve Butters

Nice Stang, we love our 2010.

Thanks! I used to like the 04 body style, but I can get used to this one. The newer style like your is sweet too, just hasn't had time to grow on me yet.

That Mustang is so sexy.

Thanks, it looks so clean it has a fake appearance to it. Did you see the movie with Will Smith, called I am legend? That car looked fake in blue ray, and my stang makes that one look like poop!

strut tower brace in a coupe wont be noticeable at all...especially for the type of driving that car will most likely see (non-professional level, i mean).....so if youre set on buying one - realize you will be paying for the looks and nothing else

that being said - the double bars looks nice...the one that looks best IMO is the FRPP V6 brace....its the one used on the bullitt...the GT brace wont clear the manifold cover, but the v6 one will

heres a pic

73495d1268231773-strut-tower-brace-008.jpg

for comparison, heres the gt brace....sans manifold cover obviously

Thanks for the info, and yes I am just wanting one for looks. Although it would be nice to be functional in the long run. Cause you never know how many add on's I will bolt on. I know once the car is paid for I will be looking into the Super charger. Any way I like the looks of that 1st bar, but I may be steering towards a solid single bar. Like the one used in the 2008 - 2009 ROUSH BlackJack Mustang with Solid bar construction.

Thanks, 1979 F150 full size Ranger 4x4 has a 351 Cleveland engine in it. Stock had the straight 6 cy 300 ci. Stock motor kept cracking piston skirts.

Sometime, we'll need to chat about the '78 F150 Ranger my buddy has....started off life with a 351M - then grew to a Cleve (lost his a$$ on that one) and now is 460 w/ a glass tilt front end and bed.