2006 Roush Stage 1 Mustang

M_Quick

I appreciate a "sleeper" more than most, so this is just completely contradictory to my taste.   It's a beautiful car, but not the way I would have gone with it.

Some tuner group shoehorned the GTI R32 motor into a 'new' Beetle back in 2002 or so.  It was supercharged beyond 400hp and painted purple.  Nothing would please me more than irritating Mustang and Camaro owners with that thing.

I appreciate a "sleeper" more than most, so this is just completely contradictory to my taste.   It's a beautiful car, but not the way I would have gone with it.

Some tuner group shoehorned the GTI R32 motor into a 'new' Beetle back in 2002 or so.  It was supercharged beyond 400hp and painted purple.  Nothing would please me more than irritating Mustang and Camaro owners with that thing.

I understand what you mean. This car was anything but a sleeper when I 1st purchased it. It's pretty much a side show when, and where ever I drive it. And adding all the billet, stuff well that's just my crack sort of. You buy a piece or two, then look for more, order more....But at the end of the day it is better than smoking up my money, but some may disagree with that as well. Thanks for your input, and thank you too JackFlash!

Billet and roush branded billet are two different things ;-)

I know, but it is a Roush car so, any chance I get at finding the Roush stuff I cant help it. 

I'm a sleeper fan too but that's still a good looking car. Now just stick a supercharger on it and away you go.

Would love to have that, but seams out of my reach right now. The one i want anyways is of coarse the Roush TVS2300.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Supercharger-Phase-2-2005-2009.html

A local shop to me just became a Vortech/Paxton distributor. I don't know much about these, or what kind of #'s they produce bet they have a SC for my 3v $3542.00 plus install labor. It's not a Roush but 4k less than the TVS2300. Pound for pound I'd most likely be better off with a Kenne Bell, but there goes the budget again. 

Just put a different pulley on it if its not what you want..  Similar boost levels should give similar numbers. Especially since you aren't doing major engine upgrades at the same time. (pistons cams heads)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I recently visited the Mark Martin Museum in Batesville, Arkansas. Since I didn't want to take my car on the 650 mile drive, I brought part of it with me. I was able to get Mark to autograph these pieces as well as several die-cast, hats, jackets, and a plaque autographed as well. Mark is truly as nice a guy in person as seen on tv over the years.

DSC_0184_zps7wqegm9d.jpg

DSC_0192_zpspare0wjg.jpg

DSC_0195_zpske1qdkxa.jpg

5 minutes ago, M_Quick said:

I recently visited the Mark Martin Museum in Batesville, Arkansas. 

Is he there often?  My wife would love to meet him, I wouldn't mind either.

Is he there often?  My wife would love to meet him, I wouldn't mind either.

It's a long trip on a hunch. But once a year for the last 12 yrs. He does what's called fan appriciation day. Free food and drinks all day! This year Mark also had Kevin Harvick and Bobby Allison there for a short 250 person autograph session. Every year he has someone there, he's had jr there Gordon, Danaki ect. And Mark signed anything and everything during Friday and Saturday. They also had several bounce houses for kids. And all merchandise in gift store was 50% off. Was a good time and the BBQ brisket was amazing! It was all you could eat. In fact they threw some away at end of the day.

• 1 year later...

April 26th 2017 I had Pickups plus cars in Lewis center install the Roush 2.3L Phase 2 Super Charger! I've only been able to drive it a couple days so far, and man it moves now! I can't wait to get back behind the wheel. I ordered a Moroso oil separator from Jegs, still waiting for it to arrive. Also will be adding the Roush billet cap cover for the inter-cooler fill bucket. And a couple of the red Roush charged hood scoop decals.

20170426_154539_zpsn2yfmdka.jpg

20170427_163508_zpsp52do702.jpg

Also added the Roush rear lca's

20170427_164045_zps5uqc4msg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the Moroso oil separator last week. Had to buy 3/8" fittings and hose, cause the kit came with 1/2" and my quick connects were 3/8". Also got the billet cover for the inter-cooler over flow bucket. And added the Roushcharged hood scoop decals.

20170526_172337_zpsd8osmnn7.jpg

20170526_172326_zps5odeqajb.jpg

20170527_121627_zpsmrjzt1lk.jpg

20170527_121616_zpscr3rvk3j.jpg

On 6/1/2017 at 10:09 AM, 2talltim said:

Looking good mick. That things almost a classic now with all the coyote Mustangs out there isn't it? Haha. Just messing with ya

Yeah almost, another 9 years or so...

On 6/1/2017 at 11:43 AM, Ron505 said:

Badass Mick!!!

Thanks man! I hope to have it cleaned up enough for the Summit racing all Mustang show hosted by The BuckeyeStangs.

• 11 months later...