the only way we can go at this point

socaln8tv

hey question for any of you guys with kids. we've got spring break and the hubs and i are headed to the gap. unfortunately, we are seriously considering taking the kids and staying near gatlinsburg in order to please everyone in some way shape or form :nono: .

here is the thing -- i really dont want to fly my mom out here to go with us as a babysitter.

it is completely unheard of to research daycare facilities for riders who have kiddos? (we are definetly going to need about two days of riding).

reasonable to ask? have you heard of this need before? resources? taking the kids means having to near mickey mouse pigeon force. alternative ides?

My wife and I actually have talked about openning or purchasing a campground in that area. One thing we thought would be nice is a licensed daycare along with the campground for that exact purpose. Well you are helping with that question - Is there a market. We have taken our kids to Tellico Plains, TN and Fontana Dam, NC but they are old enough to watch themselves. I would call Fontana Village Resort and ask them, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a daycare at the resort.

If daycare doesnt exist at some of these facilities, there should be -- has to be a market for it since kids seem to be a very common pet in most households :D

May not be as "in demand" as say a bar n grill or restaurant, but there's a NEED all the same. Maybe leave the kids with family while you and your man take a little adult vacation? Then come home early to do other fun stuff with the children? Idk, just a suggestion :dunno:

My wife and I actually have talked about openning or purchasing a campground in that area. One thing we thought would be nice is a licensed daycare along with the campground for that exact purpose. Well you are helping with that question - Is there a market. We have taken our kids to Tellico Plains, TN and Fontana Dam, NC but they are old enough to watch themselves. I would call Fontana Village Resort and ask them, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a daycare at the resort.

we will be calling for sure.. i will post if they do or dont

If daycare doesnt exist at some of these facilities, there should be -- has to be a market for it since kids seem to be a very common pet in most households :D

May not be as "in demand" as say a bar n grill or restaurant, but there's a NEED all the same. Maybe leave the kids with family while you and your man take a little adult vacation? Then come home early to do other fun stuff with the children? Idk, just a suggestion :dunno:

i wish we had familly here to do that. all of my family is in southern ca. the only thing we could do is fly my mom our here and try to keep her at home alone with the kids for 3 days in a place she is not familiar with. if you knew my mom, that would be a tough sell. she wants to go with us. to me, if i could leave kids at home with some one, i totally would..

thinking about it still !!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's tough sometimes...there have been many days I have been standing in my garage staring at my bike on a beautiful 80 degree sunny day and not being able to leave the house and ride because I am watching the kiddo(s) while wife is at work (I work nights and she works days). She has some family here, but I didn't grow up here so I have absolutley NONE to help out watching the kids so I kinda feel your pain. Hope you guys get it figured out and are able to go!!