Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldschoolsdime92

conti motion vs pilot road 2

17 posts in this topic

I'm having a tough time deciding on which tire to go with. I have ridden close to 10k on two sets of conti motions. Have any of you ridden both? How do they compare?

I've not ridden the PR2s, but they'll be my next set. The ContiMotions don't last long enough.

How many miles do you do in a season? That's what I'd look at. If you get 2 seasons from a set of Contis, then do that. No sense buying a long-life tire if you're going to take 3+seasons to wear through it. Dry-rot is not desirable.

I put 8500 miles on the first set of conti's. I average 5-10k a season.

In that case, I'd buy the Michelins. You'll burn through 'em in a season point five. Especially with that new race bike of yours.

PR2s are the best STREET tires I have used to date.

Never ridden on Contimotions, but I did go through 2 or 3 sets of Conti Road Attacks which I liked a lot. The grip was about the same between the PR2 and CRA, maybe a slight edge to the PR2. PR2 lasted longer due to the dual compound.

Edited by Tpoppa

haha! I dont know about race bike. I'm not much of a pilot, but thats kind of what im leaning towards also, just the 100$ less conti's are pretty tempting.

Yeah.. you really can't make a bad choice, either way. I just know the torque from the MTS eats those Contis in a hurry.

Go with what works, but the wife and I have our 3rd set of RP 2s on the C-14, they are great.

Im contemplating this same thing. The Price of the Conti Motions is hard to beat and even if I get a third less miles it still the same price per mile. give or take. Ive always run Pilot powers and 2cts though and they are both a great tire.

I've run the road2's on two different bikes now and love them. No experiance with the conti's, sorry can't help with that. I road my first track day on the pr2's and had no problems. Seams I keep changing them out early as it seems I plan long trips close to the end of tire life. I am still getting 6-7 thousand from the rear. Somebody with better self control on the throttle should see a fair bit more.

I have Conti Motions on the S3 now, they will probably be switched to the PR2's or 3's when they go away.

I like the Conti Motions, but the PR2's seem to be a better all around tire to me...

im extremely happy with the longevity I got out of my previous conti's, but if i could get maybe two seasons out a set of pr2's I would def pay the price.

good call! couple thousand on mine and still look damn near new

Either tire would have probably worked well for you, I think you made the right choice with the PR2's though.