how many miles have you put on a set of tires?

oldschoolsdime92

All street riding on Pilot Powers 3k miles....Dunlop Roadsmarts 6k miles and stick just as well on street.

I'm using Pirelli Angels this season. They're ready to mount and balance.

All numbers are recorded when there is no tread left. Ive had PPs go before 3k before. I don't do burnouts either. I am just hamfisted. :dunno:

Edited by NinjaNick

On the 919s:

Qualifiers, one year on rears, two years on fronts. That's 6k to 10k each year. That's riding the rears till the cord shows, most of the time. I replace fronts early. RoadSmarts now, and too early to tell. But over one year on the rears and not much wear shows at all.

Since I have two bikes, each is now putting on half the miles it used to.

edit: I'm going to say that for sport tires, it's more about comfort with how and when the tire breaks loose on various road surfaces. There's lots of great tires, but once you find what you like, you tend to stick with it.

Edited by ReconRat

last summer I put 12000 on a set of pr3s, my second set last season was a pr2 front and pr rear, I have about 10000 miles on them and still rolling, I also change my tires with rubber still on them I'm not one to ride them into the belts

I like the RoadSmarts on bigger bikes, they tolerate the higher HP & TQ as well as highway mileage. I ran my set the majority of last season and still look near new - I plan to buy a spare set of wheels to mount Q2's for occasional trackdays and mile runs so I wont kill my only set for street. For the FZ, its down to riding style for you Oldschool, but most any good dual compound will out perform the tires you have on it now

I got 10k out of the OE Dunlop D220's. 8.6k out of a set of Conti road attacks I'm gonna try a set of the Conti motions this year, if they ever get here. Backorderd for 2 weeks now.