What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Went to the range tonight by myself. Took the glock, of course :)

2012-03-01_21-26-24_627.jpg

I made sure she wasn't calling for reinforcements with my fisrt shot then finished her off with a few strings of five.

After I was satisfied with he death I focused on her mutt.

2012-03-01_21-27-03_587.jpg

I was pretty happy tonight I got pissed off for a bit while working on my draw to a double tap. My first shot always was a little low but my second was good. Realized I was slapping at it a bit and slowed down just a little to tighten them up into a four inch circle.

My biggest issue with shooting pistols has always been my grip. I have been working a lot lately on it and trigger control. Ill dryfire at night until my hand hurts. (No joke ask my wife)

My advice to anyone having trouble grouping.with a pistol is take an empty casing sit it on the top of your slide and dryfire making sure the casing doesn't fall. After that try to focus on your sight picture while dry firing. Like I said it's helped me tremendously to start looking like a pistol shooter.

I went yesterday after I voted. Shot some clays with the shotty with my roommate, some handguns with my mom, and then some rifle alone. Starting to get better groups at 100 yards with the 22lr, but I really don't know much about "long range" shooting. (quotes because it is only 100 yards)

My advice to anyone having trouble grouping.with a pistol is take an empty casing sit it on the top of your slide and dryfire making sure the casing doesn't fall. After that try to focus on your sight picture while dry firing. Like I said it's helped me tremendously to start looking like a pistol shooter.

Great drill!! My brother taught me that same thing and he learned it in SWAT school. You can actually do this while firing live rounds as well as long as you have someone you shoot with often set in up in a safe manner for you before pulling the trigger. Case falls before you squeeze then you know you are compinsating for the recoil.

3cfc2159.jpg

Head shots all mine about 30ish rounds and chest belong to my GF. First time shooting a 3in 1911 (Para Ordnance) rented from Powder Room....Unfortunately its the best I've ever shot a gun....which sucks

I hate the powder room and refuse to go back. One of the old guys in there is a real asshole.

Anyone planning on doing any outdoor shooting this weekend? I still need to get the new irons zeroed on my AR, and would like to get the scope on my 30-06 zeroed at 100+ yards.

I'll be at Briar on Saturday with a group of people. Getting my new AR out. 450 yard range. 30 dollars for the day or 10 an hour.

That would be nice but its a 150 miles from my house.

I hear you, I don't make the Berea gun show more than once every 5-6 years because its like 100+ miles from my house.

Hopefully I will be a member of the Coshocton Gun Club next month.

I hear you, I don't make the Berea gun show more than once every 5-6 years because its like 100+ miles from my house.

I go to every berea gun show LOL! but only make like one shoot down in the Coshocton/Frazeyburg area.

I agree, but it's convienant for me.

When you have eyes and ears on and the lead is sailing down range, it's easy to ignore the assholes. I've never shot there because it really isn't convenient to me, but I've heard good things.

Ill definitely be at the next meeting. Sorry I couldn't make the last one. I was pulling into my drive as the meeting was starting and by the time I got the car unpacked and made it there it would have been over.

Save some time after the meeting next month and we will grab dinner.

Thats no problem, unpacking sucks but I think I'd rather be in Vegas than a meeting. I checked out the membership list after the meeting and actually know a few people on there but didn't see anyone that I knew at the meeting.

I'm getting an itchy trigger finger and I think i'm going to cast some bullets and load some 45's this week.

Went to my buddies private range with the 24" bull AR and the Remington 700RE

Got my New Viper PST 6x24-50 EBR-MOA-1

Very Very Nice, Highly impressed. I wanted a Razor and settled on the PST and could not be happier.

After site in, I had three shoot-n-C's that had 3 rounds with less than .50" spread at 100 yards. I am finding that I have to hold better with this 6x24 than I do on my regular viper.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

• Casper unpinned this topic