What i did in guns.

kawi kid

On 3/24/2016 at 4:43 PM, myhondas said:

bought this off gunbroker. Untouched/unturned since leaving the factory. 1962 Colt SAA 357/38 7.5" Frontier

Matches my Winchester 1873 

coltssa1.jpg

coltssa2.jpg

coltssa25.jpg

coltssa26.jpg

coltssa27.jpg

DSCN3200.JPG

DSCN3201.JPG

wow, very nice! If you ever go to sell these i call dibs at first chance!

• 4 weeks later...

I accidently bought a Gen4 G19 Tuesday night from the new Rural King in Marysville.  FWIW the QUICKEST transaction I have EVER had with a new gun.  Left the house at 817pm, it's a 12 minute drive, got gas after and was still back before 930.  Not going to post pics because 1)swore I would NEVER buy a Glock, 2)it's a G19 come on.

However is parks still making holsters?  I DO need an OWB for it.  Grabbed a cheap local AIWB with clip, but want to get an OWB made up too.

Good talk russ.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, madcat6183 said:

I accidently bought a Gen4 G19 Tuesday night from the new Rural King in Marysville.  FWIW the QUICKEST transaction I have EVER had with a new gun.  Left the house at 817pm, it's a 12 minute drive, got gas after and was still back before 930.  Not going to post pics because 1)swore I would NEVER buy a Glock, 2)it's a G19 come on.

However is parks still making holsters?  I DO need an OWB for it.  Grabbed a cheap local AIWB with clip, but want to get an OWB made up too.

Good talk russ.  

I believe Parks is still doing holsters, give him a call. His number is in this link 

http://www.nuosuconcealment.com/contact/

I will probably get a G19, but I really don't like the way the trigger guard is shaped.  My right middle finger rubs in their little dip right before the trigger guard meets the grip.  Otherwise I like everything about it.

1 hour ago, bandit12 said:

I believe Parks is still doing holsters, give him a call. His number is in this link 

http://www.nuosuconcealment.com/contact/

Thanks, I had his number but wasn't sure if it was the old or new one.  I will just hit him up and see.  Rather give someone local my EDC business and support him.

I will probably get a G19, but I really don't like the way the trigger guard is shaped.  My right middle finger rubs in their little dip right before the trigger guard meets the grip.  Otherwise I like everything about it.

Curious - for those with G19s, why didn't you go for a G26 and get a G19 mag and spacer to get a light(er) carry option out of it? Did you find the G19 just more comfortable for your primary role?

For me, the G19 will be my "standard" sized 9mm.  I know it's not full-sized, but it's a lot bigger than my PF9, and it will only see carry duty when I have it OWB, not IWB.

The G26 is fatter than I can comfortably fit IWB, and if I were to go that route, I would look at the G43.

...the other major factor is price. I PM'd you.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, smccrory said:

Curious - for those with G19s, why didn't you go for a G26 and get a G19 mag and spacer to get a light(er) carry option out of it? Did you find the G19 just more comfortable for your primary role?

Honestly I had no intention at all of EVER buying a Glock, I have always been a SW guy.  BUT with everything that is about to happen with the election and America going to he!! in a handbag I am trying to grab anything I can before they sell out or prices sky rocket.  I literally got one of the LAST G19's in Rural King's entire inventory.  They have a few of the Talo models but I just wanted the basic if I could get it so I can add the night sights I want, etc. vs paying for what comes with it.

I could have gotten any other model by the G19 is the one that sells out, and prices are sky rocketing on them.  I got a G4 for the price of a G3 at VANCES who is one of the top dealers in the area so I couldn't pass it up.  It hadn't been on the shelf for more than an hour the guy said and was the last one anywhere.

I mainly wanted the 19 for ease of replacement parts and swapping stuff if SHTF.  It's everyone's go to, it's everyone's main SHTF piece, and also a piece that shoots everything and is reliable.  Not that all my SW's aren't BUT they just aren't as common. 

I hate that I love it as much as I do, but man, I love it.  Threaded barrel getting ordered this week/end, then light, and then heading to Capp City next week to start my can process.  I have my LLC still active so just going that route. 

2 hours ago, madcat6183 said:

Honestly I had no intention at all of EVER buying a Glock, I have always been a SW guy.  BUT with everything that is about to happen with the election and America going to he!! in a handbag I am trying to grab anything I can before they sell out or prices sky rocket.  I literally got one of the LAST G19's in Rural King's entire inventory.  They have a few of the Talo models but I just wanted the basic if I could get it so I can add the night sights I want, etc. vs paying for what comes with it.

I could have gotten any other model by the G19 is the one that sells out, and prices are sky rocketing on them.  I got a G4 for the price of a G3 at VANCES who is one of the top dealers in the area so I couldn't pass it up.  It hadn't been on the shelf for more than an hour the guy said and was the last one anywhere.

I mainly wanted the 19 for ease of replacement parts and swapping stuff if SHTF.  It's everyone's go to, it's everyone's main SHTF piece, and also a piece that shoots everything and is reliable.  Not that all my SW's aren't BUT they just aren't as common. 

I hate that I love it as much as I do, but man, I love it.  Threaded barrel getting ordered this week/end, then light, and then heading to Capp City next week to start my can process.  I have my LLC still active so just going that route. 

Man I'm glad I unfriended you.

I'm not a glock fan or hater. Hell, I even got a 42 for the sis. Because of the double stack, I could not see myself carrying one. Just too big and fat. I always say that Glock does nothing terrible nor nothing fantastic.....just a middle of the road    reliable gun. I also am not a fan of their trigger guard, but do like the ease of disassembly & cleaning.

I have all the other single stacks,  M&P Shield, Springfield, Kahr...... but the one I really like the most for EDC is the Ruger LC9S Pro. I carry the extended 9rd mag and two 7rd reloads for 24 total. Light as a feather and one of the thinnest 9mm around.  Otherwise, I will carry the Kahr PM45.  But that requires a third reload to put me at 23 total. Larger shell limits the # of rds it carries, but it's size is really small and light.

Edited by myhondas

Yeah, trust me, I am not a fanboy at all, BUT for some reason I love the feeling of the G19 now.  I hate even saying that.  My EDC has and will still be a Shield in the warmer months but I foresee myself going to the G19 over the 9C in the winters.  But I also my have something new by then too lol.

• Upvote 1

I carry the Kahr CM45 sometimes and love the fat caliber size. It weighs about as much as a G26 but is nicely thin and carries nicely in an aliengear IWB setup. The major downside of course is capacity: 5+1, which means I can carry it less than my others.

7 minutes ago, smccrory said:

I carry the Kahr CM45 sometimes and love the fat caliber size. It weighs about as much as a G26 but is nicely thin and carries nicely in an aliengear IWB setup. The major downside of course is capacity: 5+1, which means I can carry it less than my others.

Yeah my Ruger 1911 has never been carried lol.  Too Purdy. 

On 4/29/2016 at 8:12 AM, redkow97 said:

For me, the G19 will be my "standard" sized 9mm.  I know it's not full-sized, but it's a lot bigger than my PF9, and it will only see carry duty when I have it OWB, not IWB.

The G26 is fatter than I can comfortably fit IWB, and if I were to go that route, I would look at the G43.

Someone is trying to trade me a like new Gen4 G19.  I don't really need it.  Any interest?

On 4/29/2016 at 2:03 PM, madcat6183 said:

Yeah my Ruger 1911 has never been carried lol.  Too Purdy. 

And the funny part is I carry a Kimber custom shop 1911 as my ccw.  It may be pretty but for me it makes a great carry gun.

• 1 month later...

So as funny as it is, what ties into the theme of my last post.  45ACP.  Whats a guy to do when the weatherman cries bad weather all day and you believe him.  

You take a box of these;

IMG_20160622_124202008.jpg

And you turn them into a .30cal ammo can full of these;

IMG_20160622_224658914_HDR.jpg

Tomorrow might just be more of the same.  :)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Finally shot the Serbian AK today. Very nice weapon, unbelievably accurate even with open sights.

That's how I felt about the Bulgarian AK.  Pretty decent accuracy even with cheap wolf ammo.

Considering a short barreled rifle like thing turned into a pistol (like an AR pistol, except something else cause I already have one). Any suggestions? Considering a Kriss Vector, some sort of AK, sks, or even bullpup. Already have a ps90

Edited by jbot

• Casper unpinned this topic