What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Today's trip

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

First shots with new rifle that I bought to teach nephew to shoot. This was my target center is first shots 25ft, top left 2nd 25 ft set, top right 50 ft 1st set, bottom right 50ft 2nd set. I had problems at first with the sights due to astigmatism.

IMG_1066.jpg

Sighting in my 17hmr, out 100 yards. Had some fun once I got her sighted back in. I was shooting spent 12 gauge rounds and bowling pins .

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Wife and I's target. Her first time shooting the little 22, my 2nd time. Not too bad 25-40 ft

IMG_1059.jpg

My nephew's target, his first time shooting anything. He had fun, and I enjoyed sharing my passion and knowledge.

Edited by crb

Anybody know of any decent outdoor ranges in the Cinci area where you can shoot AR15's or similar?

Spring Valley Wildlife in Waynesville. Not Cincy, but close. Not sure about AR15, would have to ask

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

I hear that Sigs are not the quality they used to be.

Depends on the model for instance the 250 isn't the same as 229 or a 226. The real metal sigs are the bomb. The Sig pro series (2022 and a couple others) are okay but not on the same level of a 229 or 226. My 225(p6) may become my carry gun it shoots damn nice.

Took a short vacation to the in laws place in Missouri. They just opened an outdoors store and I was tricked into working the gun counter for 4 days lol. All in all it was a good time. I was making calls with companies about getting the indoor range project started and just helping people with questions and showing them how awesome glocks are ;) since I spent my entire vacation working the father in.law pulled some string with the guys that do his concealed carry classes and asked if we could come and play at his range. The guy was more than happy to give us the first part of his combat focused handgun class. I think there are 5 total, maybe more I can't remember right now. Here is one of the targets I shot.

2012-05-25_10-27-42_772.jpg

So all was not wasted down there since I got to pull some triggers while I was there. I also got to do a few other things but ill start another thread for that cuz I expect there being a bit of interest.

Btw the holes around the edge are staple holes not missed shots ;)

I hear that Sigs are not the quality they used to be.

This is an earlier Sig w/o the rail. It was a CPO LEO turn in. Aluminum frame and CNC Aluminum slide, chambered in .40. Will be my carry, when I can managed to conceal it, or get a holster that will hold tighter to my body. Came with a blackhawk serpa sportster that just doesn't tuck very tightly.

Depends on the model for instance the 250 isn't the same as 229 or a 226. The real metal sigs are the bomb. The Sig pro series (2022 and a couple others) are okay but not on the same level of a 229 or 226. My 225(p6) may become my carry gun it shoots damn nice.

I have a crossbreed, and galco thumb break I use to cc

I'm probably getting the crossbreed...I think the Kingtuk and Mtac look better made, but the crossbreed is supposed to be the most comfortable. A nice leather galco OWB is probably going to be my other purchase.

• Casper unpinned this topic