What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Just got done with a range trip with the .22lr handguns. Was fun met Scottb up there, we had 2 buckmarks and my revolver. went through the better part of a bulk box and a half pack of mini mags. the revolver is still shooting well after 300-400 rounds fired so far. We had a couple shooting contests with the buckmarks. We were shooting the little dots that come with the shoot-n-see targets. Then to make it more fun we tried shooting the weak hand. Also shot half a box out of the xd9sc to finish it off. Thanks again scott for letting me use the guest pass that was a lot cheaper to shoot for almost 2 hours LOL!

Speedy, you are welcome. It was fun trying out your Buckmark and that revolver. After you left, I stayed for about another hour. So now, since I don't have to pay per hour at the range, the cost becomes the amount of ammo used. I went through about 800 rounds.

Some notes:

1. The revolver was fun to shoot, even with the 3 miles of trigger creep in double action. I think it would take me awhile to get acustom to those "2 tier" sights. Still cool to try other firearms.

2. Shooting with my left hand (normally i shoot right) was a challange. I think I will add weak hand shooting to my regular range trips.

3. Grips really do make a difference with the Buckmarks. Your grips are more like the ones on my Hi Power, so there might be something to have similar grips on accross pistols.

4. Due to the poor lighting in our range stall, all the advantage I had on another range with better lighting and the fiber optic sight was gone. We did notice that on our range, it had one of those new style compact floursent lights, ( the corkscrew shape) instead of the normal incandesant light bulb. I think I still shot pretty good, but did not have the grouping like I had last trip.

5. I think I would pick Speedy to be on my Zombie hunting team, if needed.

6. The XD plastic grips felt like touching a squid compared to the fact that the last 2 pistols I have shot have rubber grips.

Those "Shoot and see" targets are helpful to show you the difference of where you were aiming and where the bullet actually hit.Then try to figure out why it did not hit where you thought it was going to. Did you jerk the trigger? Antisipate the shot?

Just got back in a while ago from the powder room and I'll try and post my video. I'm getting better as I was leaving a kid approached me and said that he liked my shooting. First compliment I've gotten on my shooting.

Makes a huge differance when you don't turn the gum sideways....:)....practice makes perfect man. I doubt I could hit the broad side of the barn right now

Range report = I am at about 1K rounds through the Buckmark I just bought in January. I like this 'lil pistol more and more.

- This is the second range trip I fired left handed. I might be a better shooter left handed.

-I also changed my stance. Before, I kept my right arm straight out, even with my shoulder and my left arm bent,with my elbow sticking out. Then I tried keeping both arms straight, with the pistol more inline with the center of my body. Works much better this way.

I shoot quite regularly. I am blessed as to have a place in the country to shoot whenever I want. I have marks for 10, 15, and 25ft for handguns, and a table in a shelter house at about 100 yards for rifles, and an area for doubles shotguns for clay pigeons.

I shoot quite regularly. I am blessed as to have a place in the country to shoot whenever I want. I have marks for 10, 15, and 25ft for handguns, and a table in a shelter house at about 100 yards for rifles, and an area for doubles shotguns for clay pigeons.

Lucky bastard.

100 yards? That's it :)

• Casper unpinned this topic