What i did in guns.

kawi kid

13 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Ive never changed bolt carriers for suppressors so Ive no input :dunno:

Supposedly this helps with gas blowback.

Freaking things need to open up so I can get finger printed and send my shit in...

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Freaking things need to open up so I can get finger printed and send my shit in...

Only time I have had issues with suppressor blow back is on full auto. Never really noticed any with standard single fire shooting.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What do you need to open up? Police departments and jails never close. They all print

4 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

What do you need to open up? Police departments and jails never close. They all print

Do you think they are taking the additional risk to fingerprint someone for a non-essential purpose? 

On 5/5/2020 at 8:16 PM, MidgetTodd said:

Doing them daily here. I guess your area could be different. 

Lakewood PD does not finger print, just called them.

I'm sure they will fingerprint you, but not if you are wanting to be fingerprinted lol.

25 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Lakewood PD does not finger print, just called them.

I'm sure they will fingerprint you, but not if you are wanting to be fingerprinted lol.

I can't imagine the Lakewood PD is very pro 2nd amendment, let alone suppressor friendly. Just need to find the right city, maybe try the county sheriff. Lorain is not far from you and used to be very easy to deal with.

https://www.nbinformation.com/locations/lawEnforcement/OH.php

We just renewed our CHLs in Lorain County in early April.  They were great to deal with.  They have reduced the hours for doing this so getting an appointment might take some time.  

Erie county does them as walk-ins.  First come, first served.  Not sure if that’s too far for you. 

17 hours ago, Tonik said:

I can't imagine the Lakewood PD is very pro 2nd amendment, let alone suppressor friendly. Just need to find the right city, maybe try the county sheriff. Lorain is not far from you and used to be very easy to deal with.

https://www.nbinformation.com/locations/lawEnforcement/OH.php

Haha I made sure not to tell them what it was, I just said I need assistance filling out ink finger print cards, They said no, didn't ask what it was for so I didn't tell them.

10 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Medina is close-ish.  They are quick.

Looks like that's a little closer than Lake Co. Maybe I'll try for this weekend.

I need to kill some rabbits.  Now.  Little rascals are trying to eat Katie's veggies and we can't have that.  Also I like to eat rabbits.

I live in the city, so I'm curious about pellet guns and their legality and sneakyness level.  Anyone here in the know about such things?

Edited by jacobhawkins

19 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I need to kill some rabbits.  Now.  Little rascals are trying to eat Katie's veggies and we can't have that.  Also I like to eat rabbits.

I live in the city, so I'm curious about pellet guns and their legality and sneakyness level.  Anyone here in the know about such things?

What you are describing is also considered hunting. So you need to watch for no hunting laws also. And hunting seasons  I would bet rabbits are in the fall.

You need to contact your city to be sure.

Might be able to trap them as pests though.

And there is always the holy hand grenade to fall back on. Just make sure you count to three, no more and no less.

28 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

https://library.municode.com/oh/columbus/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT23GEOFCO_CH2327AN_2327.16KIMOWIAN

https://library.municode.com/oh/columbus/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT23GEOFCO_CH2323ATCOWE_2323.30DIWE

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

My dad had a pellet gun in Gahanna and he killed rabbits with it for the same reason all the time. Super illegal. Super stealthy. Although he said he shot one once that really fought to die. So there may be some ethical considerations to think over in regards to shooting a larger sized rabbit with a pellet gun. 

Not that I'd advocate breaking such a seriously super duper serious law. 😱

The thing about the ORC and Columbus rules that is confusing is the part about explosives. If my "airgun" pushes a pellet with a spring really fast, is that an explosive?  I would argue not.  Since we're a farm, maybe I could get a nuisance permit. 

"No person shall discharge or cause to be discharged any firearm, airgun or other instrument used to explode any cartridge or thing filled with any explosive substance or material"

Edited by jacobhawkins

5 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

The thing about the ORC and Columbus rules that is confusing is the part about explosives. If my "airgun" pushes a pellet with a spring really fast, is that an explosive?  I would argue not.  Since we're a farm, maybe I could get a nuisance permit. 

"No person shall discharge or cause to be discharged any firearm, airgun or other instrument used to explode any cartridge or thing filled with any explosive substance or material"

confused me too. But that big or. I take to mean no firearms, no airguns, no other diy zombie blackpipe shotgun cartridge slamfire 'things'.

slingshots wouldn't apply here, but I think there may be other bow laws that could be written similar.

Edited by motocat12

• Casper unpinned this topic