What i did in guns.

kawi kid

On 1/30/2020 at 5:38 PM, redkow97 said:

How has reliability been?  Will it run bulk ammo?

its a lot more than a SR22...

Perfect. 
as far as bulk ammo, I’m not sure what you’re referring to but I try to stick to CCI MiniMags in 22 semi auto pistols. 
It is more than an SR22 and they are both great guns. I have both. Until this the SR was my go to fun gun. It’s personal choice. I carry Glock so I wanted this as it is exactly a Glock. Training, memory, feel etc are all the same. 
It is also much bigger than the SR. If you’re not trying to conceal and want a fun, reliable, accurate 22 the Glock would probably suit you better. If you carry a Glock daily it definitely will suit you better. 
If you want smaller or want cheaper then the SR will probably suit you better. 
You won’t be disappointed with either 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Perfect. 
as far as bulk ammo, I’m not sure what you’re referring to but I try to stick to CCI MiniMags in 22 semi auto pistols. 
It is more than an SR22 and they are both great guns. I have both. Until this the SR was my go to fun gun. It’s personal choice. I carry Glock so I wanted this as it is exactly a Glock. Training, memory, feel etc are all the same. 
It is also much bigger than the SR. If you’re not trying to conceal and want a fun, reliable, accurate 22 the Glock would probably suit you better. If you carry a Glock daily it definitely will suit you better. 
If you want smaller or want cheaper then the SR will probably suit you better. 
You won’t be disappointed with either 

I shoot a ton of .22 cause it's cheap and fun.  If a .22 pistol can't shoot cheap bulk ammo (walmart) than it has no use for me.  My SR22, S&W 22S, and a S&W Victory fire pretty much anything. 

I only use good .22 target ammo in rifles when shooting for accuracy.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

After much searching I finally bought a scope for my CZ 455 Tacticool (.22).

Nikon Black FX1000.  It might be a little overkill for a .22, but good glass is good glass.  Never had a FFP scope before.

https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products/riflescopes/black-fx1000-4-16x50sf-fx-mrad.html

I actually regretted putting glass on my last .22. It took the fun out of it because I could hit anything I wanted.

Looking back it was most likely because I never had room to stretch it's legs.

I’m with tony on this - cheap ammo should be cheap...

i have a thousand or so CCI rounds that i keep around, and my SAO revolver FINALLY came into stock locally. That won’t need CCI rounds to cycle, obviously, but the 100 round boxes store better in my trunk. 

i carry a Glock 19, so the only answer is to have both the SR22 and the G44

ex-wife didn’t like when i bought guns. Girlfriend was pumped the Wrangler came in before Valentine’s Day, so we can shoot together more easily. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me know if any of you or someone trusted in town does custom molded kydex owb holsters using your own gun.  Looking for something with a fairly strong retention for 2/3 gun competition using an FN 509.  Im running an optic as well as extended barrel with compensator.

IMG_20191213_013545263_HDR.jpg

• Upvote 1

It’ll be around $80ish, IIRC 
Friends of mine run it. It’s also only a couple minutes from my house if you come out. 
Ask for Josh Weaver when you call. Let him know you’re a friend of mine and he can probably schedule an appointment to make it while you wait. If not, bring it out and drop it off, go over what you want and pay for it and tell him to call me or drop off to me when done and I’ll bring it back to you since I’m in Columbus about every day

Edited by MidgetTodd

12 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

Let me know if any of you or someone trusted in town does custom molded kydex owb holsters using your own gun.  Looking for something with a fairly strong retention for 2/3 gun competition using an FN 509.  Im running an optic as well as extended barrel with compensator.

IMG_20191213_013545263_HDR.jpg

Why the 509 instead of the fns9?

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Why the 509 instead of the fns9?

Came with suppressor height sights, extended threaded barrel, frame already cut for the optic.  Two 24rnd mags and a single 17rnd in the box along with the vortex venom optic for $899 brand new.  I was looking for something more specific for 2 or 3 gun type of competition than a standard carry gun.

• Upvote 2

Some trigger therapy in the desert was in order today... Fun fact, that ratty mag came from one of my best friends... He smoked terrorists using it in Afghanistan... It's got a special place in the collection 

327521.jpeg

327555.jpeg

327572.jpeg

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 7:40 PM, Steve Butters said:

Some trigger therapy in the desert was in order today... Fun fact, that ratty mag came from one of my best friends... He smoked terrorists using it in Afghanistan... It's got a special place in the collection 

327521.jpeg

Got an offer so high on this rifle that I just had to let her go... My very first AR I ever owned lol. M&P Sport II - Bought it right after that Orlando nightclub shooting. I will miss her. Sold it to my stepdad though, and got enough money to rebuild the same rifle from scratch with a few different pieces I'd like... Win/Win

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Casper unpinned this topic