What i did in guns.

kawi kid

omg... according to MSNBC, you can't use a handgun against a rifle, because the rifle bullet has a higher velocity (and a big boom sound).

https://www.msnbc.com/velshi-ruhle/watch/how-does-a-handgun-compare-to-an-ar-15-1170777155570?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

so, I should want a laser rifle? Because... faster

On 2/9/2018 at 11:54 AM, Tpoppa said:

...Here's my next fun gun.  Also takes Glock mags

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19100.html

Me too. Almost went for the M1 carbine in 9mm. Wasn't sure about the manufacturer. But will let the demand drop a bit first, plus on the chance that Ruger releases either a 10mm or 45acp carbine. I would like to see that.

47 minutes ago, ReconRat said:

Me too. Almost went for the M1 carbine in 9mm. Wasn't sure about the manufacturer. But will let the demand drop a bit first, plus on the chance that Ruger releases either a 10mm or 45acp carbine. I would like to see that.

I hoping they release it with a stainless barrel but I'm getting one either way.

You can get a Kriss Vector in 10mm, but IMO they are too pricey for what they are.

1 hour ago, vf1000ride said:

Who makes an M1 carbine in 9mm?

It's a Citadel brand, manufactured by Chiappa in Italy. I thought I saw a cheaper copy cat brand sold for a short while, but not finding it around anymore. edit: just saw that Iver Johnson made some in the past. Never seen one of those for sale.

https://www.chiappafirearms.com/p.php?id=202

prodotti_immagini_immagine_304.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

37 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

Huh, not sure that I would buy one but that's still kinda cool.  I have an original Underwood manufactured WWII gun to ease the itch for a carbine.  

I did see Korean war surplus sold, Back in the 80s. They went really fast.. Very popular. Sorry I didn't get one. Did not expect imports to get banned like they did. Oops...

I sold my subcompact 9mm on Thursday and replaced it with a Glock 19 gen 5 on Friday. 

100 rounds down range. I still flinch and pull low/left. 

I’m actually better when i shoot quickly, because i don’t anticipate the recoil. Must practice more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Finally got myself one of those evil black guns. I hope it doesn't shoot me in my sleep...

20180304_121047.thumb.jpg.96a2d8617266cf1a311208ef6791725f.jpg

I picked one up a few months back. I was surprised how accurate it is. If you are adding goodies, check out Hogue grips and stock.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I built a budget 500+ yard AR last year.  It's about minute of dinner plate at 500, reliable and fun.

I am still undecided on optics. I got a cheap red dot laying around that I might try for short range. What are you running for 500+ yards?

I put this together last year.  The goal was a sub $500 (including optics) Target AR that could shoot MOA or better. 

It's a "smooth" build target AR.  Anderson .223 Wylde (.223/5.56), DPMS Target thick walled upper, Hogue aluminum free floated forend, 24x Tasco Varmint scope, etc.

I'm sure there are some higher end ARs that could do better, but this one is hard to beat for $500.  I bought a few parts used, and manged to stay under budget.

IMG_20180305_091726141.jpg

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

I feel like you should’ve known that was a double ear protection gun. 

You can feel that gun in your soul

Short barrel and 7.62, ouch.  Does it have a Kak can or something to throw sound forward?

34 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Did you need to do/have anything special for that upper? Isn't that sbr territory? 

Either considered a pistol or SBR.

Pistols can have an arm brace that looks a lot like a stock, but isn't a stock...apparently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Casper unpinned this topic