What i did in guns.

kawi kid

14 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

Micro .380.  I'll give it one more outing with a variety of ammo, then it goes back. 

A pocket pistol needs to be 100% reliable.  I'd save your money/time and just send it in.  Seems like the Solo, micro 9 and 380  can be prone to teething issues.

The very similar Sig 238 doesn't seem to have such issues.

39 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I was hoping she'd get the Sig, but the Kimber felt better to her...of course.  I tried to explain that jewelry is for show, her carry gun was supposed to stay hidden.  

I've been through so many pocket 380s.  Nearly all of them except the Kimber and Sig.  They gotta go if I can't trust them 100%.

I have an early 1st gen S&W BG380 that has been flawless & and a Glock 42 (actually my 2nd one, didn't trust the 1st one).  Also had a Kahr P380 that was 100% reliable, but that trigger just seems to light for pocket carry.

• 1 month later...

For sale:  H&K VP9 with 3 mags.  Absolutely like new with all the factory stuff.

This is my new all time favorite striker fire pistol.  I wound up with 2 of them in a trade.  I'm only keeping one of them.

Very well made, excellent trigger, accurate, H&K.  $500

• Upvote 1

Shot at lunch w/ another guy from work.  He is much better than me.  Traded his G19 back and forth w/ the PF9.  Man does my gun make me prone to flinching and anticipating recoil.

I also shot the 995 carbine for the first time.  Groupings were excellent. Sights are a little off.  Both of us were shooting good groups, just slightly low and to the right of our point of aim.

zero malfunctions, although it was a short trip, unfortunately.  I put my older defensive rounds through it and bought new ones for the PF9.  I was surprised how well it fed the hollow-points.  Should be a very fun way to use up a lot of 9mm ammo :)    I really enjoy rifles. 

• 2 months later...

Not huge into guns, always shot out at dad's and grandpa's.  Sand pile, pond, back porch can hunting mostly.  Boss just bought a Ruger Super Red Hawk revolver so he took me to the range.  First time I've shot a handgun in a few years and first time shooting a .44 mag revolver for sure. Sure was fun!  15', first 6 shots.

20180104_090713.jpg

23 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Not huge into guns, always shot out at dad's and grandpa's.  Sand pile, pond, back porch can hunting mostly.  Boss just bought a Ruger Super Red Hawk revolver so he took me to the range.  First time I've shot a handgun in a few years and first time shooting a .44 mag revolver for sure. Sure was fun!  15', first 6 shots.

20180104_090713.jpg

Not bad!!

Edited by TimTheAzn

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I keep wanting to buy a fun gun but I keep spending money on motorcycle shit. :yuno:

I'm glad I picked that shield up off of you last year, or else I'd be completely defenseless. 

I see people putting those mini red dot sights on Glock MOS pistols.  IMO, an AR pistol that takes Glock mags is a much better platform for optics.   

Here's my next fun gun.  Also takes Glock mags

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19100.html

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I see people putting those mini red dot sights on Glock MOS pistols.  IMO, an AR pistol that takes Glock mags is a much better platform for optics.   

Here's my next fun gun.  Also takes Glock mags

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19100.html

I really want an FN or HK .45 with a can.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Casper unpinned this topic