What i did in guns.

kawi kid

On 1/16/2017 at 1:32 PM, Tpoppa said:

This is the last of the safe cleaning for awhile.

S&W bodygaurd .38, details above $400

Ruger SR45 in stainless with an extra factory mag (3 total).  This is a well built .45 and a nice shooter.  $425

Bodyguard is sold.

***Edit*** Also sold - How about $400 for the SR45? 

Edited by Tpoppa

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried to snipe a laser site. ebay threw this up instead. Anyone know details?

It looks like this item is restricted for export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, ITAR (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774). Please ensure you comply with any regulatory licensing and documentation requirements associated with this product. For more information and guidance on these regulations, see the US Department of State website, the Bureau of Industry and Security website, and our military items policy.

In a nutshell, ITAR bans the export of various items (including firearm lasers) outside of the USA unless you apply for, and obtain, an export license from the US State Department.  (Not an easy task).  However, if you're ordering it from a US company and it's shipped to an address in the US, there shouldn't be a problem.   

11 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

In a nutshell, ITAR bans the export of various items (including firearm lasers) outside of the USA unless you apply for, and obtain, an export license from the US State Department.  (Not an easy task).  However, if you're ordering it from a US company and it's shipped to an address in the US, there shouldn't be a problem.   

was a Chinese import like the majority on ebay.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone wanting a Sheild 9 or a Bodyguard 380 (non laser version).  Both are excellent and come with all the factory stuff.  The Shield also comes with a holster.  Got them in a trade, but want to fund something else.

9 = $300

380 = $225

56 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Anyone wanting a Sheild 9 or a Bodyguard 380 (non laser version).  Both are excellent and come with all the factory stuff.  The Shield also comes with a holster.  Got them in a trade, but want to fund something else.

9 = $300

380 = $225

PM'd

I'm not really into ARs but considering building a budget Target/Varmint AR.

I'm thinking flat top, no front sight, stainless 18-20" barrel, maybe 223 Wylde, bipod, and a good trigger.  Trying to stay around $600, not counting optics. Any ideas for components that give a lot of accuracy for the buck?

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I'm not really into ARs but considering building a budget Target/Varmint AR.

I'm thinking flat top, no front sight, stainless 18-20" barrel, maybe 223 Wylde, bipod, and a good trigger.  Trying to stay around $600, not counting optics. Any ideas for components that give a lot of accuracy for the buck?

I just finished mine pretty close to this, except the price.  Mine came out significantly more expensive than your requirement.  I used an Aeroprecision upper and lower, ABarms nickel/boron BCG, Ranier Wylde varmint barrel, Geissele SSA trigger, JP silent buffer, Atlas quick release bipod, Magpul A1stock (because it fit me very well) and Vortex scope...along with other personal accessories.  It shoots very well.  For the varmint hunting I used to do around here, it will easily replace my dedicated varmint rifle.  Unfortunately, I haven't hunted in a dozen years, but I may pick it back up if I can find the time. 

I'm not totally sold on the Vortex scope, but I haven't had it out on a long range yet either.  We shall see.  I know for sure that I don't like it as much as the Leupold I have on my Ruger .204, but that's not really a fair comparison.  

2 hours ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I'm not totally sold on the Vortex scope, but I haven't had it out on a long range yet either.  We shall see.  I know for sure that I don't like it as much as the Leupold I have on my Ruger .204, but that's not really a fair comparison.  

What don't you like about the Vortex?

I learned to shoot distance with peep sights, so any optic seems pretty good to me...lol

Don't get me wrong, for the $150 I have in the Crossfire II, it's a very good scope.  However, even down at 3 power, it isn't as clear for short range stuff as my Burris or Leupold scopes.   Still, after 500 rounds, it hasn't needed any adjustment. 

I think we might have a problem with my wife's new Kimber.  It's rare for her to get through an entire mag without a jam.  At first I thought it just need to wear in a bit.  Then I thought cheap ammo, then weak grip, but changing all that and it still jams, usually the last 3 rounds.  We've tried: stronger grip, 3 different brands of ammo and 2 different bullet weights, 2 different magazines.  Nothing consistently makes a difference.  I guess I'll have to call Kimber. 

17 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I think we might have a problem with my wife's new Kimber.  It's rare for her to get through an entire mag without a jam.  At first I thought it just need to wear in a bit.  Then I thought cheap ammo, then weak grip, but changing all that and it still jams, usually the last 3 rounds.  We've tried: stronger grip, 3 different brands of ammo and 2 different bullet weights, 2 different magazines.  Nothing consistently makes a difference.  I guess I'll have to call Kimber. 

Which model?  I know some are notoriously picky about ammo.

• Casper unpinned this topic