What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Got my lower assembled and a great deal on an rra 7" upper with gas system and gg&g rails. Then the Pistol tube, spring and buffer (spikes) and bcg (rra) will be here Tuesday then time to shoot some fireballs.

Really a shame about the atf ruling about shoulder firing a Sig brace. So I think once spring rolls around and I get busy with work I'll file my form 1 for an SBR.

Edited by zx3vfr

So here are the specs on my AR pistol.

Aero Percision lower with High Standard LPK.

Magpul K2 pistol grip.

Spikes 7" buffer tube with carbine spring and T2 heavy buffer.

RRA MPI BCG.

Spikes Tactical Charging handle.

RRA upper with RRA 7" barrel. GG&G quad rail and A frame front sight :(. RRA stand alone rear sight.

Thing fired like a champ today using AE 55 and 62 grain fmj as well as polymer tip AE 50 grain varmit round, 6" groups at 25 yards first time out with it. Not bad if I say so myself. Now when funds are replenished an aimpoint pro will be next on the list and maybe swap the AFG2 from my carbine AR on to the pistol and get a proper verticle grip for the carbine.

No issues, no failures and no burns. Bolt carrier locked back like a champ with the Spikes T2, which was just a random guess on what to use.

Edited by zx3vfr

I haven't been on in awhile. Ingafe been working diligently on our new home defense course calls Home Defense Concepts. The guys who have taken the CAC class should know it will be just as informative and thought provoking.

Other than that I moved and bought some property which will vw the new VDG headquarters. We are stacking dates up already so if any of you were planning on coming to a class next year get with me soon so we can line a date up.

• Upvote 1

Made a switch back to Glock today. I've been struggling for the perfect EDC (not fooling myself into thinking I've found it). I love my CZ PCR, but it does get heavy and is less desirable for those situations which require more discretion. That will remain my #2. I used to carry the 642 everywhere until I was shone the light "no one ever survived a gunfight and said 'I wish I didn't have so much ammo left over'". I recently found a PPS (round 2 of course)....shoots great and conceals like a champ, but is limited to 7+1 in the configuration I like best...I will likely get another some day. But alas, those pesky instructor voices talking about capacity... So today, I found my way back to the Glock 26 (fourth in five years on top of 3 G19s....all gone.) It's a Gen 3, which I do find comfortable. I've got 11 in the gun and two G-19 mags as back-up. Very comfortable to carry OWB (fits in my PPS Sidewinder) and I have a Supertuck and Sidewinder ordered now. Lesson of the day....do what you want with your guns, but don't sell all your shit that goes with them.

Edited by C-bus

I love it! Instructors are such jerks especially when backed by logic and reason. Haha!

I have made my way back to the Glock as well. Main reason is I lost confidence in the Smith with the front post still walking. I have another edc in mind but I need to save a little before I gun out and buy it.

Edited by kawi kid

I have nothing against Glocks !  Except their size and price.  They do everything OK and nothing really Bad. They don't Excel at anything, yet they don't make the bottom of the list on anything. To me they are a good middle of the road gun. BUT.... I do think they are oversized. I thought that the G42 would make a great edc for my sister, but it is so big compared to the LCP. Price is like the gun...larger than the LCP also. I originally was going to get the G36 for myself, but ended up with the Springfield XDs for the same reasons. But Glocks are here to stay and they have a large following for sure....but so does the iphone...... which I would trade in a heartbeat for the Samsung S5 any day of the week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have always wanted a Citori. Have you ever shot a Briar Rabbit in Zanesville?

Fairly often, I am a member out there.  They have been doing huge upgrades to every part of their range including the sporting clays and I am excited to get out there with the new gun and give it a try.  My old Browning Gold sporting clays gun has served me well for going on 12 years and I figured it was time for an upgrade.  A buddy of mine I shoot with a bunch is buying my old gun so it softens the sting a little on the price of the new one but it took a long time to justify $3k on a shotgun to replace one that has treated me very well.  The old Browning is a great firearm but I was looking for something that I could run two choke tubes in.  Here is a pic of what I am replacing.

IMG_5510.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A buddy of mine keeps talking to me about going to a 1000yard shoot and see how we do.  Being as all my high-power guns are vintage and have iron sights that makes things a little harder.  So I picked up a scope mount for my M1917 and will give this a try.  :)  Still need to take it out and shoot it but it should be interesting to say the least.  Scope is the 6-18x50 I have borrowed from my 10-22 target gun untill I find out if the old M1917 can hold a 1-1.5 MOA group.

IMG_20150402_114310688.jpg

Edited by vf1000ride
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, as an update for the thought of shooting the old M1917 at 1k yards for accuracy.  Not so much.  Best groups even with scope are 3moa and that was 168gr Sierra matchkings.  Guess either the gun gets a new barrel or I just break down and buy/build a long range rifle.  :)     hummmm, new project.

On a side note started by the show us you favorite blade thread; http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/106925-show-us-your-favorite-blades/

I took a picture of a pair of my Enfields with their bayonets attached.  Gun facing / is my P14 Enfield,  The one facing \ is the No1MK3, both guns chambered in .303British.  Just for the fun of showing people how long those guns really are when the pointy bits get added.  As the story goes for centuries back into history.  He who has the longest reach wins the fight.

Oh, and the P14 enfield is just a hair longer of the two at 63 inches tip to buttplate.

IMG_5593.jpg

Edited by vf1000ride

• 2 weeks later...

Updated my first AR. The only thing that is left from the original bushmaster is the BCG, barrel and gas block. The block will be changed out to a SLR adjustable block at some point. I have a KAC scout mount and hand stop in the mail.

17675986096_f026640d65_z.jpgr1 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr 

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

R1IMc5J.jpg

New weapons. Ruger Blackhawk .357 with 9mm cylinder also got a Bianchi shoulder rig for it, this was my father's day gift.

And an earlier Springfield XD 9mm compact. Got it as part of the deal selling my dad's 919, 2800 cash + the gun and extra mags, Springfield carry kit and a couple extra holsters, one being a Blackhawk serpa

Thought I'd try a new carry option... I really like the ergos and trigger so far. Let's see how she shoots later.

Post-shooting edit.... This gun is fantastic. Easy to stay on target, DA just pulls right through, and the mag release is incredibly natural. Carries a bit like a G26, but the grip is more sure. This has replaced the CZ PCR for OWB and IWB (non-discrete). PPS still holds the discrete-carry crown.post-12300-0-60011000-1435316580_thumb.j

Edited by C-bus

• Casper unpinned this topic