What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Wow, Ben must really be cracking down.

Well I bought a new pistol on Sunday and finally got a few minutes after work. I drove a half mile back on the dirt road parked and walked into the woods. It was 530 at this point so fairly dark. Got out of my truck walked into the woods and I hear scampering and catch a quick glimps of 3 furry white butts mooning me as they ran off

Bought 2 Element Arms stripped lowers a couple years ago, and finally ordered some custom uppers from SAA late last week.  20" BHW HBAR's in match416 stainless, rail height GB's, YHM rifle length FF Quadrails, and NiB BCG's.  Now shopping for optics, bipods, and stocks/buffers, so I'm stoked I'm finally getting close to working on a couple precision rifle builds.

Same thing here.  Not only first stripped lower but it will be the only black rifle I own when finished.  I got the upper at the same time.  Still looking at options for barrels and such.

IMG_20141203_113016786.jpg

I bought a RRA tactical opp 2 at the end of 2010. Just a few months before prices got insanely inflated. Now that everything is super cheap because of mass over production I'll be building up the arsenal. At least for the next 2 years before Hillary becomes president.

i think i will get a stripped lower , probably from Palmetto State Armory. I have been reading a bunch on AR15.com so i have some knowledge now of what i think i want. 

Also, I was thinking of getting the Smith and Wesson sport AR, but now see that Ruger has new AR called the AR556.that looks like a winner to me. The one local gun store I called has them in stock for $619.

I got the stripped lower just because Brownells had the Bushmaster ones on sale for $49.99.  They are First's, not blems.

I had an AR years ago that didn't run worth a darn and can't say I even really like the AR platform but I guess now is time to build one while prices are cheap.  So far I have the following parts either at home of waiting to deliver;

Bushmaster xm-15 lower

Bushmaster V-Match upper

Bushmaster BCG

Magpul STR Stock

Magpul MOE grip and trigger bow.

Palmetto state lower complete parts kit, w/trigger and buffer tube.

Palmetto state ambi charging handle.

Still need a barrel, gas system, front handguard and sights.  Probably some extras here and there but it's getting close. 

Here is the one I had years ago that didn't work right.

ar15right.jpg

Edited by vf1000ride
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Specs are actually in my previous post. Bushmaster upper/lower and bcg. Lower parts kit and trigger is Palmetto state. Stock and grips are magpul. Probably shouldn't have posted the pic if the old A2 rifle as that thing was a mixmaster pos that didn't have a single quality part inside it.

The Eotech is a temporary transplant to see if I like it on this rifle. Im not sure yet if I want a second Eotech or go with a magnified optic yet.

Edited by vf1000ride

So I spent a little bit of time processing some 223 brass today. To be more precise, I de-capped, swaged primer pockets, and resized 1,400 pieces of 223 brass today. It was grueling. I mean it took me 45 min to do it all. LOL. I love my Dillon 1050. lol... Its a fast SOB. 

My father gave me his early Winchester model 59 win-lite. Not perfect or an expensive gun but the sentimental value's there. Fiberglass wrapped barrel's got a dinger on the end that kinda sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it must be getting real close to a full fledged assault rifle, the level of badass has increased and the darn thing drew first blood tonight. :lol:   I put a magpul B.A.D. lever on it and without putting the charging handle full forward I dropped the bolt closed while playing with it.  Pinched the ever living crud outta my finger with the release latch.  :crytroll:   Anyways.  more parts coming yet but it is starting to look something like a rifle these days.

IMG_20150108_2412015161.jpg

• Casper unpinned this topic