What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Father inlaw isnt in the best health so today he wanted to talk to my boy. At first i didn't know what it was about but i was pleasantly surprised to find out why. He had a single shot Sears and Roebuck model 41-103 single shot .22LR, that his father gave to him and he was ready to pass it on to his grandson. It's a pre serial number model so to the best my research could figure out it is between a 1952-1967 model year, father inlaw guessing ealry 60s (prob 62 or 63). Not worth a lot of coin not in perfect condition but soo much family history and sentimental value. So after he cracked a couple of rounds through it with grandpas permission she is now sitting in the safe ready for the next pages of its life.

d1ef61a590d3c3bc187a70a90a9b987a.jpg

229fd19c23f4a94b2665e2005c2a91b1.jpg

Didn't think about getting a pic of them together, need to get that done.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got a little more done on my gun room. Got the rest of the dry wall and electrical done. Snapped a picture when i got done of two of bangers.

15772660995_e5418ccfee_z.jpg10290037_10152839979015011_2918652165417705883_n by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Also got my new G17/x300 belt holster done. 

15556907959_a0a398a9f4_z.jpg1108141805 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Father inlaw isnt in the best health so today he wanted to talk to my boy. At first i didn't know what it was about but i was pleasantly surprised to find out why. He had a single shot Sears and Roebuck model 41-103 single shot .22LR, that his father gave to him and he was ready to pass it on to his grandson. It's a pre serial number model so to the best my research could figure out it is between a 1952-1967 model year, father inlaw guessing ealry 60s (prob 62 or 63). Not worth a lot of coin not in perfect condition but soo much family history and sentimental value. So after he cracked a couple of rounds through it with grandpas permission she is now sitting in the safe ready for the next pages of its life.

d1ef61a590d3c3bc187a70a90a9b987a.jpg

229fd19c23f4a94b2665e2005c2a91b1.jpg

Didn't think about getting a pic of them together, need to get that done.

Now THAT is cool! Good for Tyler. Sorry to hear about your FIL health issues.

Definitely get a pic of them together with the rifle. He will want that when he grows up.

Edited by max power

Worked on my new reloading bench this past weekend down in what has been turning into the soon to be man cave. Bottom will be just a shelf but it will also have full length drawers and doors on the front when done. Will be all Oak and stained once finished. Dimensions are 30" deep 119" long, and the small L is 61" long also 30" deep. 

20141109_155508.jpg

Yup, Mad River Sporting Lodge in Bellfontaine... Pheasant hunted in the morning then shot 100 rounds of sporting clays in the afternoon.

Sounds like a great day! I goto Triple Creek once in a while. Pulled out two bags of mystery meat from the freezer yesterday, turns out to be pheasant breasts. Woops, hate to re-freeze so I'm Going to slow cook it wrapped in bacon. Mmmmm

I have been looking for some good recipes, if you know of any send them my way. I have a shoulder from a buck i killed couple weeks ago that i want to do something with too. trying to find a way to smoke it.

I have been looking for some good recipes, if you know of any send them my way. I have a shoulder from a buck i killed couple weeks ago that i want to do something with too. trying to find a way to smoke it.

I'll let you know how these pheasant breasts work out. Breasts wrapped in bacon. Then a mix of sliced mushrooms, dry onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, small chopped onion, cup of sour cream, cup of water, mix, and dump on top, then cook on high 4-7 hours or low 8-10. 

Really good stuff and easy. I'll be making that mix again with rabbits.

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 1

Went out to a friends place, nice 120 yard range setup in his backyard.

Had a nice bench set up to shoot from.

The close range targets were about 50 yards and the farther targets were at about 120 yards.

Large dirt mound as a back stop.

Started out with the .22LR rifles, then brought out an AR15 and a 30.06

view from behind the bench:

IMG_0588.JPG?gl=US

half way from the bench to targets

IMG_0591.JPG?gl=US

Using this Ar, shooting 5.56 and a Night force scope, 120 yards, the "flipper " target is one and a half inches.These flippers were hard to see without the scope, but they are just below the black wooden backstop, below the blue taped area.

No idea how much this AR setup was, but this Nightforce scope is the clearest, cleanest view i have ever seen though an optic:

IMG_0593.JPG?gl=US

The metal flipper target had no chance against this rifle:

The hole looked like a drill bit went through it

IMG_0589.JPG?gl=US

I am not sure how thick the target was, but i was able to stack 3 quaters from my pocket and the target was about that thick.

Quater added for reference:

IMG_0590.JPG?gl=US

No pictures of the 50 yard targets, but had several holes touching with the .22lr rifles.

• Casper unpinned this topic