What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Brought my youngest his first repeating rifle. Sold his ol single shot rossi and got this mossy 802 from a guy i work with for a song. He can't wait to get it out and shoot it.

utyju9an.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Yes it is but Ken is one of the best in the country, and thats is the price on all the top guys. He is coming here so I wont have to pay for travel/hotel/meals so it works out for me.

Cool. What's he known for. never heard of him?

Well I havent posted here much so.

Last weekend my teamate and I took 3rd place in the Reade Range Spring Sniper Team Challenge. One stage also included a single shot at 1,000 yards at a 5" circle. (Wind was about 10-14mph) Only one team from each relay with the closest to center won points. I won it for our relay. Then the person with the closest to the center for the match won a Grand River Tactical Load Bearing Vest. I won it :)

http://www.grtgear.com/Products/GrandRiverTacticalVestSystems/LBV3/

GEN32.JPG

Great Lakes Outdoors on route 322 ( is that Mayfield or Chesterland? ) has Blazer aluminum .380 for $18.99 per 50 and also Blazer aluminum 9mm for $17.99 per 50. The only .22LR they have is a 50 round box of CCI hollow point for $8.99. The counter guy said these were special "3 section" hollow points because they break into 3 large pieces? I don't know.

Thanks!! I think it went pretty good. :) I had Todd there to jump in now and then. To be honest, the amount of material that you have to cover over 12 hours could really be thoroughly covered in about 6-8, but having an extra person there to tell stories and add little bits was really helpful. I enjoyed it a lot

• Upvote 1

My first class will be the end of june with most of the people that I often shoot with. They already have experience in handling and shooting pistols. It will be a mixed group of older and younger people. There will be a total of 10 people.

• Upvote 1

Thanks!! I think it went pretty good. :) I had Todd there to jump in now and then. To be honest, the amount of material that you have to cover over 12 hours could really be thoroughly covered in about 6-8, but having an extra person there to tell stories and add little bits was really helpful. I enjoyed it a lot

She owned it :trophy:

• Upvote 1

Good for you guys stepping up to be instructors. Think of where just this forum (a microcosm of our society.... albeit a twisted, sometimes irrational microcosm) has been and how far it's come with the gun-rights discussion. How many anti/ambivalent folks have taken on shooting as a past-time. Nice work.

Had some range time today. As my search continues to find the perfect CCW, I seem to always end up right where I started.... The Glock 19. Today, I compared my three auto-loading carry guns. Each had its strong points and weak points.

Sig 239 in a Crossbreed Supertuck

+Accuracy is good, but front sight has to cover the target. I like to see the target over the sight.

+Ergos are decent, but single stack allows my hand to push to the left

+Concealability is excellent.... my most concealable, comfortable to carry

+Trigger is awesome

- Capacity is 8 rounds

-DA/SA transition

CZ 75D Compact (PCR) in Crossbreed Supertuck

+Accuracy is great

+Ergos are great-- fills my hand

- Concealability is a bit uncomfortable... there are levers and buttons that stick out beyond the gun

+Trigger is good, but not as good as the Sig

+ Capacity is 14 rounds

- DA/SA transition, but it is better than the Sig. The Decocker puts the hammer at a semi-cock (no, not that kind)

Glock 19 gen 4 in Concealment Solutions Mamba (similar to Supertuck)

+Accuracy is great

+Fastest follow-up shots on target

+Excellent Ergos

+Capacity is 15 rounds

+Concealability is actually pretty comfortable... not quite as good as Sig, but not bad enough to detract

-/+ Trigger is Glock.... same every pull, not as light as the others' single action, not nearly as long as their DA

For now, I'll keep the Glock on the hip. The others will have their places too.

Edited by C-bus
Don't know why I accidentally hit "post"
  • Upvote 1

Super pumped!! I just signed up for a class with Ken Hackathorn!!!!!!! Howie you know you want to join Marshall an I!

http://aliastraining.com/kenhackathorn2-dayadvancedhandgunaugust24-252013-cantonohio.aspx

Hack does a great class. I don't know what's better, the gun instruction, or the new colorful phrases you'll learn from him.

I might sign up for that class. It's been too long since I've done any.

Good for you guys stepping up to be instructors. Think of where just this forum (a microcosm of our society.... albeit a twisted, sometimes irrational microcosm) has been and how far it's come with the gun-rights discussion. How many anti/ambivalent folks have taken on shooting as a past-time. Nice work.

Had some range time today. As my search continues to find the perfect CCW, I seem to always end up right where I started.... The Glock 19. Today, I compared my three auto-loading carry guns. Each had its strong points and weak points.

Sig 239 in a Crossbreed Supertuck

+Accuracy is good, but front sight has to cover the target. I like to see the target over the sight.

+Ergos are decent, but single stack allows my hand to push to the left

+Concealability is excellent.... my most concealable, comfortable to carry

+Trigger is awesome

- Capacity is 8 rounds

-DA/SA transition

CZ 75D Compact (PCR) in Crossbreed Supertuck

+Accuracy is great

+Ergos are great-- fills my hand

- Concealability is a bit uncomfortable... there are levers and buttons that stick out beyond the gun

+Trigger is good, but not as good as the Sig

+ Capacity is 14 rounds

- DA/SA transition, but it is better than the Sig. The Decocker puts the hammer at a semi-cock (no, not that kind)

Glock 19 gen 4 in Concealment Solutions Mamba (similar to Supertuck)

+Accuracy is great

+Fastest follow-up shots on target

+Excellent Ergos

+Capacity is 15 rounds

+Concealability is actually pretty comfortable... not quite as good as Sig, but not bad enough to detract

-/+ Trigger is Glock.... same every pull, not as light as the others' single action, not nearly as long as their DA

For now, I'll keep the Glock on the hip. The others will have their places too.

Didn't shoot the CZ P-07 Duty today and have no solid carry rig for it. That being said, I'll touch on it in comparison.

+Accuracy is great... On par with other three

+Ergos are great... Better than the Sig

+Capacity is 16

-Concealability is not as good... Fat slide

+Trigger is great

+DA/SA decock or cocked/locked

+Price is $100 cheaper than Glock or CZ PCR

Makes for a fine truck gun, but not a good CCW.

Hack does a great class. I don't know what's better, the gun instruction, or the new colorful phrases you'll learn from him.

I might sign up for that class. It's been too long since I've done any.

Let me know if you do.

I also want to sign up for a Haley class if I can afford it this year.

• Casper unpinned this topic