What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Here is what I did last Friday to M92 PAP krink AK pistol in 7.62x39

Added a left side charging handle, which happens to be a stainless steel skull that WAS polished stainless silver looking but after welding the heat oxidized it and it turned gold. This was right after it was complete so the weld is going to get cleaned up big time and re-polished and the entire bolt carrier is going to be heat treated and turned gold too :cool: I'll put pics up when I have it finished.

2013-03-30022159.jpg

2013-03-30022232.jpg

Picked up a basic pistol cleaning kit last night and spent some time learning to field strip and clean my Ruger.

In about 20 years I don't think this thing had ever been cleaned. Fortunately it hadn't seen a lot of use either, but still - it was pretty dirty. All clean and oiled now.

So in response to my need for a steel plate target capable of my friends who believe ammo sizes begin at 45 cal, I spent some time making this.

45caltarfront_zps2e210e5e.jpg

1 inch thick piece of old rail road steel welded to trail track irons hung from a piece of rebar.

45caltartop_zps7c24ed7f.jpg

45caltargetback_zps035ef90f.jpg

Just make sure it is not so heavy that it wont move and cause a ricochet.

Too true but after trying the .40cal on it I think it's okay. I may weld a weight to the top as a counter weight in the future though.

On another note I found it will stop a 7.62X39 round but suffered some damage.

45caltar762x39_zpsee126107.jpg

It was an easy weld fix though and when I get some more grinding wheels I'll make it so it looks better.

45caltarfixed_zps94554558.jpg

A short video of shooting the new target.

testing a 45 cal target - YouTube

Ain't you throwing lead into the air back at you? Weld a chain to the bottom of it and let it drag the ground. I cant my steel forward when it hangs free so even if it didn't move the lead goes down. Nevermind, I somehow watched the next utube vid after yours.

Edited by Gump

Bought a Blackhawks Sherpa holster for my Taurus 840. I fit it tonight with the paddle back and it works great. Cleaned both my 840 and my Black Stainless TCP.

F51557F8-303A-4EC7-BF37-CE618F159E36-8939-00000D2903A0F218.jpg

867ADDFB-1B01-4D1E-BD92-83E6B85AFED9-8939-00000D290B288129.jpg

Make sure you do a lot of dry practice with that holster.

Bought a Blackhawks Sherpa holster for my Taurus 840. I fit it tonight with the paddle back and it works great. Cleaned both my 840 and my Black Stainless TCP.

F51557F8-303A-4EC7-BF37-CE618F159E36-8939-00000D2903A0F218.jpg

867ADDFB-1B01-4D1E-BD92-83E6B85AFED9-8939-00000D290B288129.jpg

If he does he will probably stop using it.

Shady Watch your trigger finger when you draw it. The button places your finger in the trigger area when drawing. Also you will realize that you have to make sure your draw is straight up or the button will not release.

As Howard said practice

I didn't have any issue with mine, I like it better than the comp-tac i just got.

Anyone into IDPA? Can you tell me about it? i like to compete. There's a match May 6th at a local gun club.

http://www.idpa.com/compete/stagedetails/39

Seems simple enough.

Edited by Gump

If he does he will probably stop using it.

Shady Watch your trigger finger when you draw it. The button places your finger in the trigger area when drawing. Also you will realize that you have to make sure your draw is straight up or the button will not release.

As Howard said practice

I have been practicing with it already but Im not likely to carry it other than at the range and mowing my lawn. I tipped it forward a little so its not a straight up draw. actually feels very natural to me.

My finger is above the trigger guard when I clear the holster. even if it was over the trigger my finger reaches to the front of the trigger guard so its a non issue.

I let a new yorker play with some pistols and introduced him icky AR's in both 16" and scary 10.5" lengths. Even let him shot those assassin tools called silencers.

You shouldn't be allowed to do that kind of thing. What if he goes back, and get's stopped and still has residue on his hands. Probably go to jail for life in NY. Bad Parks Bad.

• Casper unpinned this topic