What i did in guns.

kawi kid

My reloading bench was cleaned today. It has been a disaster for over a month and im sick of trying to work around it. It was mainly tools and other stuff i laid around while installing my Dillon two months ago but it seemed to keep piling up so i had to do something about it. Now i can really get to work with the dillon I have only put about 500 rounds through it so far but i think i got all the bugs worked out now.

Bought a carry gun for my wife. Went and had her try out a few but the stores we went to didn't have anythingb other than their rental guns. Then we found a walther pps 9mm that she liked so we bought that. It was used and Arizona law requires the gun shops to hold used guns for a couple of weeks before they are released so its still at the gun shop. Can't wait to get itout and shooting.

Any recommendations for a good .22 target pistol? I'd like to start going to the range more often, but I'd prefer a more economic method to my 9mm, which I apparently can't find ammo for anyway.

I've seen a few of the 1911 style in that caliber that I think are interesting since it's such a historic design, but I'm not sure if that would be a good choice for a beginner.

Any recommendations for a good .22 target pistol?

I have a Ruger MKIII, great pistol but kind of a pain at times to clean, friend has an M&P22 and it is also a great pistol. Those are the only two I can recommend unless you are talking wheel guns.

I have a Ruger MKIII, great pistol but kind of a pain at times to clean, friend has an M&P22 and it is also a great pistol. Those are the only two I can recommend unless you are talking wheel guns.

Thanks for the input. I'd read some good things about the M&P and it looked like a couple guys on here have them. The price doesn't look too bad either.

Any recommendations for a good .22 target pistol? I'd like to start going to the range more often, but I'd prefer a more economic method to my 9mm, which I apparently can't find ammo for anyway.

I've seen a few of the 1911 style in that caliber that I think are interesting since it's such a historic design, but I'm not sure if that would be a good choice for a beginner.

check out www.RimFireCentral.com. Great site for info on .22LR's. I have a Buckmark and also a GSG 1911 style pistol. I tend to use the Buckmark a lot more. Slightly easier to clean / take down then the Ruger, in my opinion. I did look at the Ruger and the Buckmark at the same time, but picked the Buckmark Camper, in stainless.

Target pistol, or plinker?

Target pistols I would happily own: smith & wesson model 41, any trailside model, Ruger's slab side or hunter mkiii, beretta neos, walther sp22.

Plinkers: Ruger's SR22, any variant of the Browning buckmark or Ruger's mk series, walther p22, s & w mp22, Sig mosquito.

• Upvote 1

check out www.RimFireCentral.com. Great site for info on .22LR's. I have a Buckmark and also a GSG 1911 style pistol. I tend to use the Buckmark a lot more. Slightly easier to clean / take down then the Ruger, in my opinion. I did look at the Ruger and the Buckmark at the same time, but picked the Buckmark Camper, in stainless.

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out and maybe head to some local shops this weekend to check out some options in person.

Target pistols I would happily own: smith & wesson model 41, any trailside model, Ruger's slab side or hunter mkiii, beretta neos, walther sp22.

Plinkers: Ruger's SR22, any variant of the Browning buckmark or Ruger's mk series, walther p22, s & w mp22, Sig mosquito.

Nothing serious, just something to take to the range for fun. Sounds like the second group would be more my speed as a relative n00b.

+1 on RFC

I would suggest something that you can easily add a red dot scope. A .22 pistol with a red dot is a must have :)

I am partial to the S&W 22a. Mine has fired something like 15k-20k rounds. It's silly accurate and will feed just about anything.

Cool video. Maybe teach her to use the sling to help with recoil suppression. She looks like she will do good once she's used to it some more

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I showed her how. I don't think she understood. That's how I shoot so that I use the sling to tighten up the gun away from my body and it's in a more solid shooting position.

• Casper unpinned this topic