What i did in guns.

kawi kid

How do you like it? I have been leaning towards a P-07 as my first gun purchase.

I haven't shot it yet, but I love the fit. It's the same size as a glock 19, grip seems slimmer, and has a hammer with two safeties. One is for cocked/locked and the other is a hammer drop decock. I'll leave the traditional cocked/locked in as I doubt I'll use it. Trigger seems smooth. I'm a big CZ fan and significantly south of $500 was the right price for me today. Can't wait to shoot it. Total impulse buy, but I've been itching to get something for a couple weeks now. Mag holds 16.

Edited by C-bus

$470ish at New Albany. They generally are high.

You payed $470 and you're calling them high? :lol: Never owned a CZ but they ran a lot less than that just a few months ago. Well, everything ran less a few months ago but I recall seeing CZ's in the $200's last fall.

They generally run a few % higher, but not as bad as a few years ago. I've never researched the P-07 (very much an impulse buy), but I don't think it was $200 anything. 75b and 83 were running mid $400s prior to "the panic" and I would suspect that the P-07 was a little less.

Well... not everything is overpriced at the gun shows. I picked up a nearly new Mossberg 500 ported/rifled scoped barrel for $100. Been looking for a rifled barrel ever since I picked up the field/security combo a few months back.

3 different options to choose from now

18.5" straight barrel

24" rifled/ported scoped barrel

28" barrel w/ 3 chokes

regular stock and a pistol grip

DSC01502.JPG

Not bad for a $400 total investment...

**On another note, Federal 9mm 50rd boxes were anywhere from $30-$45 at the show! :wtf:Anybody up north know if Cabela's has any ammo in stock?

Miami Valley shooting range in Springfield, formerly Longenhorner, has become my favorite refuge for winter shooting. Friend and I celebrated my birthday there and for the cost of one lane for two people and two full size targets ($22) we shot for almost 2 hours and had a blast. Plus I like the decor of the inside.

buckeyevalleyrange4_zpsb36dba21.jpg

buckeyevalleyrange2_zps318030bd.jpg

buckeyevalleyrange_zpsb39cdb66.jpg

I was having a lot of fun with the new MKIII .22 pistol doing fast head shots :)

b-dayheadshotmk3_zpsf192a876.jpg

Every time we go there the place is almost empty so I hope it stays open for next winter when the frozen death returns and using the back yard isn't an option.:o

Miami Valley shooting range in Springfield, formerly Longenhorner, has become my favorite refuge for winter shooting.

Sounds like fun, I have wanted to check that place out. It seems all of the indoor ranges are about 45min to an hour from me in Middletown. :( I have been to Target World and Point Blank down in Blue Ash, but haven't ventured north to any ranges yet.

Sounds like fun, I have wanted to check that place out. It seems all of the indoor ranges are about 45min to an hour from me in Middletown. :( I have been to Target World and Point Blank down in Blue Ash, but haven't ventured north to any ranges yet.

I keep saying if someone opens a range in the Dayton mall area they would make bank.... The only one close to there is sim trainer off of Dryden in south Dayton and that's a members only place. My wife and I aren't about to throw down $300 a year to go to a gun range.

I keep saying if someone opens a range in the Dayton mall area they would make bank.... The only one close to there is sim trainer off of Dryden in south Dayton and that's a members only place. My wife and I aren't about to throw down $300 a year to go to a gun range.

What about Vandalia Armory? They have indoor ranges.;)

22/45 lite in black is in my greedy little hands, and SR22 with threaded barrel is almost in my dealer's hands. need just one last piece of the puzzle to get approved by ATF supposedly this month, and then i'll work on the 22 rifle(s) for hosts, and then i'll move onto bigger calibers.

going for my 3rd degree black belt in mall ninjutsu. the test is, as always, patience.

I live 20 miles from my closest indoor range. Please define close. :D

About the same for me to get to Target World... bad part is going into or out of Cincinnati during peak "crazy driver" hours. 20 miles could end up being an hour or longer. Point Blank in Blue Ash is about 25 miles away.

10 mins open 24/7 365 and no range officer... for 50 bucks a year.

I'm moving to Zombieland! :cool:

wait, you have a hook up like this? Any openings? I would drive that anytime vs paying the 20 a month for Lancaster which has hours I can only get to in the weekends....

Let me know.

Yeah. A bunch of the Cbus guys come down here. Along with Tusc and Zanesville.

first year is 75 bucks, after that it is 50 you have to be in the NRA also. Probably 5-7 guys on ORDN are members. Need two signatures and have to show up to one of the two meetings, either the one where you turn your app in or the one after it. Meetings are the first Wednesday of each month.

• Casper unpinned this topic