WTB Helmet <$100

scottie.harris

I recently bought a new helmet and after riding with it, i feel like its more of a back-up helmet. At least the woman likes it. Anyway im looking to pick up another helmet for under $100. Im a fan of scorpion and hjc but im not opposed to others.

UGGHH, quit being a cheapass and make the investment on a good helmet.

Shit, family of 4 for lunch at ChikFila is $40 and a night out with a date can cost twice that. A helmet is good for a least 5 years.

Reco, move your budget up to $300 as that will open up a much larger selection of quality lids. Then, look for last year's model on discount.

Here is an example of a way to save a few bucks on a quality lid: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/5766/ITEM/Shoei-RF-1000-Solid-Helmet.aspx

I recently bought a new helmet and after riding with it, i feel like its more of a back-up helmet. At least the woman likes it. Anyway im looking to pick up another helmet for under $100. Im a fan of scorpion and hjc but im not opposed to others.

I bought my Scorpion EXO 1000 from sportbiketrackgear.com as a style close out for $100. They always have something on clearance.

I have yet to see proof that a $500 helmet protects any better than a $200 helmet. Snell or ECE means more than the price tag.

Exactly, i recently bought a "BRAND NEW" helmet, i just simply dont care for the fit on my head while riding. I ended up giving my HJC that i loved to someone who doesnt have a helmet. So im looking for a used helmet that im hoping to like more than as a backup.

Edit:I wear a medium

Edited by scottie.harris

May be too far for you, but Clinton Co Motorsports (between Columbus and Cinti on 71) had some nice Speed & Strength last week for $79. Got a girly one for my wife. SS1000 model, I believe. In store only, not on their website. "My Motorcycle is my Weapon" was one of the versions.

Saw a cool HJC with a built in tinted "visor" inside that retracts. Looks like a fighter pilot setup. Very cool.

Iron Pony has great deals on helmets, like this one, http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/bell-mako-black.jpg/Brand/BELL/Class2/Helmets/Class3/Full%20Face%20Helmets/Class1/

But finding your size there for this price tends to be difficult to says the least.

No better cheap helmet for the money than a Scorpion....but you will pay more money for better comfort, much more quiet, ventilation and fit & finish etc. They are all safe, but most important it fits you properly over anything else.

I've got a 4 year old Caberg that has been sitting in my cabinet for the last 2-3 years. Flip-down integrated visor and buckle chinstrap, size M. I usually wear a Scorpion 1000, and I can tell you the fit is just a little smaller than that. Other than that, the outside is perfect, no drops or anything like that. I'd let it go for $50, lemme know next time you're in the area.

The Sparx S-07 is a really good helmet that can be found cheap. It's ECE certified which is motorcycle specific and approved for AMA & FIM racing.

I've used one for the last 2 seasons and it's held up well. I actually just bought another of eBay becuase it was dirt cheap.

They are very light. Ventalation is average.

Look at these.... http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=89404

The Bell's are American...if you want to support USA jobs.

Anyways, I have the Bell Star and even if it is Smell2005, which is still awesome raiting...it is the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. Love it and will buy another when this one is up for replacement.