Econo Build 2012

dorifto240

We're doing the Econo Bike Build Off Again.

June, 30th

2:00pm

Here's the basic run down:

Build a bike for $500, bring it to the show, show off, drink beer, enjoy your afternoon!

Here are the rules, and PM me if you want to enter!

Edited by dorifto240

Sounds interesting! If someone wants it, I could probably donate my '09 600rr frame (that is in 3 pieces). I wouldn't recommend riding it if you weld the frame up, but you could easily fab up some motor mounts for something cheap as a starter.

• Upvote 1

Maybe i can repeat the "Cool as F*ck" award. I was wondering when you were going to set this up again. Gonna try and bring something out of the norm again. So does anyone have a running motor for sale on the cheap?

picture.php?albumid=681&pictureid=13941

Edited by 20thGix

What do you consider donated? I was originally planning on doing this. My cousin gave me a '79 CX500, and my wife bought a lot of parts for Christmas. If this still meets the criteria, I may be able to meet the deadline. If not, I will continue with my build for personal satisfaction. Maybe I can still get it done and ride it just to check out the show. Is there a location yet?

Edit: sorry missed "location to be determined. "

Edited by FZRMatt

What do you consider donated? I was originally planning on doing this. My cousin gave me a '79 CX500, and my wife bought a lot of parts for Christmas. If this still meets the criteria, I may be able to meet the deadline. If not, I will continue with my build for personal satisfaction. Maybe I can still get it done and ride it just to check out the show. Is there a location yet?

Edit: sorry missed "location to be determined. "

I think this year we'll relax the donation rule. Build away and we'll see your bike at the show!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love that bike!

ALSO THE DATE HAS CHANGED TO JUNE 30th!!! Our beer sponsor has another event on the 16th, and he doesn't want to short change us, so we're moving the date of the show to make sure we get plenty beer!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you got pics!

I had to take care of some serious plumbing issues this week, but I did get photos up on Flickr and Midwest Motorlife.

Not as great a turnout as last year, but it was still a good time. You would have enjoyed it!