Big police situation in dublin

Scruit

Police have taped off one of the two gas stations here in Dublin, and it looks like the entire police department is on site. News vans from 3a different stations arriving as I type. Looks bad. Robbery gone bad?

While I was at Starbucks a police officer came in asking if they have CCTV facing the road.

Something huge is going down.

From WBNS 10tv:

Person Found Shot To Death In Dublin Gas Station

Tuesday February 14, 2012 7:35 AM

UPDATED: Tuesday February 14, 2012 8:08 AM

DUBLIN, Ohio - Investigators said that a person was found shot and killed inside a gas station early Tuesday morning.

According to investigators, a clerk was opening the Sunoco gas station, located at 201 W. Bridge St., at about 6 a.m. when they found the person.

The City of Dublin Division of Police was working to determine what prompted the shooting, 10TV’s Tino Ramos reported. Police said that they believed the person was shot about midnight.

Investigators closed Monterey Drive from West Bridge Street to Clover Lane while investigators searched the area with police dogs.

The identity of the victim was not immediately released.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

A couple years ago a clerk was shot and killed in the Duke/Duchess right beside that Sunoco. This about 2 miles from my house. My step-kids go to the elementary across the street.

I never heard about that and I've been working within walking distance of that gas station for 4 years.

In fact the gas station next to it is a Marathon, isn't it?

Edited by Scruit

10TV and wsyx6 are now saying the person was found shot *inside* the building. Maybe the closer was robbed? NBC4i is saying the body was found *outside* in a vehicle.

Would the police be looking for local CCTV if it was a suicide? Would they close the road adjacent to the gas station and use tracking dogs if it was a suicide? Hmmm...

10TV and wsyx6 are now saying the person was found shot *inside* the building. Maybe the closer was robbed? NBC4i is saying the body was found *outside* in a vehicle.

Would the police be looking for local CCTV if it was a suicide? Would they close the road adjacent to the gas station and use tracking dogs if it was a suicide? Hmmm...

Ah missed the CCTV part...

Maybe the closer was robbed?

That's been the MO for many of the recent hilliard/dublin area armed robberies. I'm very surprised nobody heard anything with the residences, kroger, and other stuff right there. I'll be following this one.

That's been the MO for many of the recent hilliard/dublin area armed robberies. I'm very surprised nobody heard anything with the residences, kroger, and other stuff right there. I'll be following this one.

Did you get a call from Patrick from the Dave & Jimmy show this morning? On the radio they played a call that patrick made to a guy called "Rymer".

If so, ur gf sounds hot. :D

Did you get a call from Patrick from the Dave & Jimmy show this morning? On the radio they played a call that patrick made to a guy called "Rymer".

If so, ur gf sounds hot. :D

Wasn't me, but now I'm curious about the call. I do have a hot wife (:D) but I don't have any girlfriends lol.

Damn, not many Rymers around.

NBC4 is now reporting that an overnight worker was found inside the building.

Sounds like "facts" are flying fast and furiously around there, the actual "facts" will shake out sometime later today...

DUBLIN, Ohio --

Employees find the body of a coworker in a Dublin gas station, and officers say the victim was fatally shot.

Dublin police officers are investigating a fatal shooting that happened at about midnight Tuesday.

When employees arrived at the Sunoco Gas Station on West Bridge Street early Tuesday morning, they found their coworker's body.

Dublin officers said the overnight clerk had been shot.

I never heard about that and I've been working within walking distance of that gas station for 4 years.

In fact the gas station next to it is a Marathon, isn't it?

I think its been longer than that. The Duke isn't there any more.

I'm sure lots of people are wondering if this is related to the string of armed robberies that have been occuring in the area lately.

sad_054.jpg

:lol:

Basically:rofl:

I think its been longer than that. The Duke isn't there any more.

I'm sure lots of people are wondering if this is related to the string of armed robberies that have been occuring in the area lately.

There have been an alarming amount of armed robberies in my area. Broad daylight forced entry into houses and everything. Makes me a little worried about my mom who just had back surgery and is at home by herself most of the day. What really sucks is that due to the back, she cannot shoot them if they come in(not able to lift above 2lbs)