one more time... Opinions needed

Hoblick

I like the bottom one in the 1st set.

Same here, definitely the most visible and gets the name out there the best. With the gear it draws away from the name as the points and the size is so close to the actual wording.

I would stay with the 1st set, and then change the shading and color to whatever you prefer.

Bottom, first - as others have said it's the easiest to read the name.

If you un-vintage/un-distress the name just a wee bit more, all the better.

Someday, when your logo is as recognizable as Coke's or Nike's....

Bottom one in the first set, without the wheel, and with the sprocket or rotor added to it. The wheel just doesn't look quite right. Maybe put a little scowl on the dog's face, showing a few teeth, instead of the wheel? No matter what, get the dog's ears down out of the text! You need your name to be seen!

I'm really a fan of the sprocket idea over the wheel, but as people have said, I like the way the text is presented in the last logo of the first set. If this jew were in charge, I'd use the sprocket design from the bottom set with the text wrapping from the last logo in the first set.

I'm liking the direction you took with the dog. Moving away from the angry faces and bulldogs is a good idea. Besides the cliche portion, the one you have now feels more like a shop dog. Just the same quiet, stoic confidence I would want in a mechanic is how I would view a good shop dog. The logo you have now portrays that very well, and it's a smart move, in my opinion.

I like the top one in the first set...brake roter behind the dog,dog's head resting on the rim gives the logo a more accessible tone.Less biker,more rider feel.Easy to read.

BTW,I was just looking at the definition of accessible...first definition;easy to approach,reach,enter,speak with,or use.

Seems like good criteria for a shop logo.My 2 cents.