Got me a trailer today

tyler524

Well I bought me a 6'x12' trailer today. I was wanting to go with something a little bigger but I am pretty happy with what I got. The trailer is 3 or 4 years old and in pretty good shape. The fender on the driver side looks like it caught something and bent it up a bit but no big deal really. I had to replace the jack and it has some paint missing where some old decals were pulled off but all in all it is a pretty nice trailer for what I paid. Now it is time to get it setup for the bike and track. I am planning on putting some e-track in, removing the shelves that are there, putting a cabinet and small work bench up front, also going to put a flush mount collapsible wheel chock.

6853974853_8cda140759_b.jpg

6853978331_82c1394578_b.jpg

6853981687_864e6dffc6_b.jpg

6853984429_9ef4671af2_b.jpg

Nice!! Had I known you were going for a 6x12 I woulda sold you mine :p

I'll check my garage, I think I've got some extra e-track I can sell ya on the cheap. Definitely interested to see how you set this baby up so keep us updated

NICE!!!do you mind me asking what she set you back, im going to be in the market for one here in a few months

I wanted bigger but this was a hell of a deal. It's an 09' and I picked it up for $1600

• 1 month later...

Well I did some work on the trailer today. I painted the inside with a light off white color, $5 good oops paint. I also put down some nice indoor/outdoor carpet inside. It looks 10x better than is used to, looks pretty nice now. I also started painting the frame underneath and tongue with just some flat black paint to help prevent rust. Now I need to make a trip down to Lima and pick up some e track to put down inside. There is going to be a 10 ft piece along each wall and then also putting a piece on each side of the floor. I have the old island counter top that came out of my kitchen that I am going to cut to put in the back of the trailer as a work bench. I added a couple barrel locks to the inside of the side door so I could lock it while I am sleeping at night. I have some other plans that I will get to before too long.

6845579728_d0207c697c_b.jpg

6991710753_2f5869ed1e_b.jpg

6845588506_e132c64305_b.jpg

6845591488_fe55f5a72d_b.jpg

I dig the locks for keeping heat in when its cold out, but I am more worried about buddies locking me IN my trailer from the outside than having them barge in while i'm sleeping or changing.

...or I could delete this post and let you learn this lesson the hard way :D

(and no, i don't own and enclosed trailer, but I have 'locked' a couple of friends in theirs with spare zip-ties.)

My buddy Jeff installed a sliding RV window in his 6x12 across from the door. He has a screen door installed, and the cross-breeze from the window and the door makes it pretty comfortable for not having AC. Last time I slept in that trailer we had 2 fans running, but only because we'd already paid for power at Summit. I don't think we'd have bothered running a generator all night just to run a couple fans.

Edited by redkow97

I dig the locks for keeping heat in when its cold out, but I am more worried about buddies locking me IN my trailer from the outside than having them barge in while i'm sleeping or changing.

...or I could delete this post and let you learn this lesson the hard way :D

(and no, i don't own and enclosed trailer, but I have 'locked' a couple of friends in theirs with spare zip-ties.)

My buddy Jeff installed a sliding RV window in his 6x12 across from the door. He has a screen door installed, and the cross-breeze from the window and the door makes it pretty comfortable for not having AC. Last time I slept in that trailer we had 2 fans running, but only because we'd already paid for power at Summit. I don't think we'd have bothered running a generator all night just to run a couple fans.

Haha already had this thought immediately. I plan on locking the door on the outside without the latch in it so that I can't get locked in

Haha already had this thought immediately. I plan on locking the door on the outside without the latch in it so that I can't get locked in

This, I did it last year at Nelson, and made sure I locked the lock outside with the bar not in place so I didn't get locked in. I only have 1 tiny barrel lock and it held the door closed fine. Rain storm that night and not a drop through the door.

I am adding a max air vent to mine before next trip so I can leave the vent open in a rain storm more than just a crack to. Put them on my travel trailer and they are really nice.

Looks good man, I was going to paint mine but said screw it lol.