Held Titan Gloves

RidersDiscount

Riders Discount is now proud to offer the #1 pair of motorcycle gloves on the market - the Held Titans. This is not a claim that we are not just throwing out there. It is backed by a large number of independent tests from all over the world. The Held Titans were designed to offer uncompromising safety, and this becomes very clear when you read the list of materials that went into the production of this glove - kangaroo leather, stingray leather, Kevlar, titanium, and carbon fiber. Held could not have built any more safety features into their flagship pair of gloves.

The first thing that nearly everyone notices on these gloves is the stingray leather (yes, real Stingray leather). The stingray leather found on to the major abrasion zones of this glove is something that you won't find on any gloves outside of the Held brand. Stingray leather is extremely abrasion resistant and it is actually slick, meaning that it will not grab or catch while sliding. Standard cowhide gloves can catch while sliding, which results in injuries from the hand flipping. Most riders tend to throw their hands out in front of themselves to break a fall and this instinctual reaction can also lead to injuries. Held helps combat this by adding carbon fiber sliders below the base of the thumb and the outside of the hand, below the pinky. There is also a large piece of stingray leather with a shock absorbing gel backing running along the base of the palm. In addition to the exotic stingray protection, the Held Titans feature some more familiar materials as well.

From the end of the guantlet to the tips of the fingers, the entire topside of each glove is lined with Kevlar. This is Held we're talking about, so you know they didn't stop there. The top of the hand is also guarded by a Carbon-Aramid-Kohlehybrid shell that stops where the knuckle protection begins. The knuckles are guarded by a titanium covered carbon fiber piece that is heated to just over 840 degrees F before being pressed into shape. Held also added shock absorbing padding for more comfort and extra protection. The amazing attention to detail that Held puts into the safety features carries over into all aspects of the Titan gloves.

Each Titan glove is made from 150 individual pieces and it takes around 90 minutes of sewing time to complete a single pair. This elaborate construction means that you end up with a pair of gloves that is not only highly protective, but also very comfortable. Helping with the comfort are the step seams that Held uses. They remain strong while never creating pressure points or interfering with the feel. Elasticated leather panels add to the comfort by making them flexible and giving them a broken in feel when brand new.

If you’re looking for the best of best glove on the market today, look no further than the Held Titan. These gloves sell for $349.99 and Held requests that they be sold for no less than this amount. We feel that a glove of this caliber is worth it due to their superior quality and top-notch safety standards. You just cannot buy a safer glove. These are not listed on our website yet, so order your pair by calling Nathan at 866.931.6644 ext 809 today! If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot us a PM or send a note to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with HELD TITAN in the subject line, and we’ll get back to you right away.

Available in black...

held_titan_1.jpg

and white/black from Riders Discount.

held_titan_2.jpg

One feature that is new to Held is the connection between the ring and pinky finger. This prevents against dislocation of the pinky in the event of a fall. Not all riders love the feel of having fingers connected, but it is easy to cut between the two seems to release them if you choose.

held_titan_3.jpg

Stingray leather is extremely abrasion resistant and very prominent on this glove. To give you an idea how strong Stingray leather is - using the same friction wheel, kangaroo leather is chafed through after only 4,000 revolutions whereas stingray leather was chafed through after 20,000 revolutions

held_titan_5.jpg

These gloves also feature a handy little shield squeegee on the left index finger for keeping your shield free of moisture.

held_titan_6.jpg

Edited by RidersDiscount

• 5 months later...

Pair the Held Titans up with the Race-EVO one piece suit and you’ll not only have Stingray coverage on your hands, but on your forearms and shoulder as well. Stingray is incredibly abrasion resistant and, as an added bonus, it looks awesome too.

held_stingray_titan_race_evo-1.jpg

I'm not trying to be a dick and rain on your parade but I just don't see the justification for $350 in those things. I understand the stingray leather being superior and all because I have a pair of kagaroo gloves and it's miles better than cow leather. but held gloves lack most of the stuff other glove companies use now. such as knox sliders on the palm, outside wrist protectors for that little bone that sticks out. plus I see an exposed velcro closure, no finger knuckle protectors at all, . and terrible looking airflow. the fingers insides are solid.

heck and pair of teknic lightning gloves has more features to them than those do.

I guess I'd have to try a pair on to be able to see the benefits. because pictures and words are not doing it.

Edited by serpentracer

These are well worth the money. I love my phantoms and I got to try on a pair of these and they are even better.

I know everyone that has a pair says the same thing. but I think it's just so they feel better about over paying for something that isn't all that great.

Like I do with my sidi ST boots. I'm in love with them because they look great but I shouldn't be. I paid 395 and they don't fit that well, (too big in the wrong spots) they don't fit anywhere nearly as well as my old sidi boots did.

the airflow isn't all that even though they're vented. they're hard to get into. they're almost too thick to fit under the shifter, the hard plastic toe protector is digging into my foot when I walk in them. now that the lorica (synthetic leather) is breaking in the ankle brace system isn't supporting the ankle as stiff as I think it should. it's not that great of a boot. it's a hell of a lot better than the comparable a stars SMX-plus though. that new boot is just cheap junk. the brace is just a thin highly flexible piece of plastic that would be better suited as a strap not a brace.

I'm just getting really disappointed in safety gear lately. it's so expensive but offers little in value for the cost. I have a pair of gloves made of roo that I paid $114 for and it has tons more stuff to it than the most expensive gloves out there right now.

I tried on a new shoei RF-1100 and I about dropped that bowling ball monster on the floor it's so heavy. my RF-1000 feels like it's a whole pound lighter.

Edited by serpentracer

You bring up some interesting points, however I don't think that because "new" manufacturers bring out a "new" item that their unproven protection is the new standard. This is not a chinese copy we are talking about here. Held is one of the only gloves still made in Europe and if you want the best sometimes you have to pay.

Held gloves have been the best on the market for the last 10+ years and I still consider them the best. The most important thing to look at in my opinion is how well the glove holds up in a crash. I can tell you first hand that there is no doubt in my mind when wearing these gloves.

Edited by RidersDiscount

And yet, you posted it anyhow. If you don't want to pay the cash, thats fine, but this would have been better-sent as a PM. Kind of like this response.

I actually like the discussion. I've been wearing a pair of Kushitani's for years, and for no reason other than age, feel like I should be shopping for a new pair of gloves. When it comes to stuff like safety gear, I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. I've never gone cheap buying gear, and have never regretted it. His post, then the rebuttals from others with real world experience with held gloves puts these up near the top of my list now.

And yet, you posted it anyhow. If you don't want to pay the cash, thats fine, but this would have been better-sent as a PM. Kind of like this response.

it wasnt anything against riders discount. I'm just sayin I don't see the price there for held gloves. they seem cheap for their price. but I've never tried on a pair. I wouldn't buy them based on looks or reviews because they look like old tech for gloves

...youve never even tried them on? Aren't you coming into this discussion a bit unprepared? I own these (along with held phantoms, astar gptech, teknic speedstars and have fondled the dainese full metal racer and Knox handroids) and these are significantly better built and more substantial than any of the gloves mentioned above. And while I REALLY love my phantoms (they saved my hands in a dozen crashes). These are better by far.

...youve never even tried them on? Aren't you coming into this discussion a bit unprepared? I own these (along with held phantoms, astar gptech, teknic speedstars and have fondled the dainese full metal racer and Knox handroids) and these are significantly better built and more substantial than any of the gloves mentioned above. And while I REALLY love my phantoms (they saved my hands in a dozen crashes). These are better by far.

I tried to put yours on, but I couldn't get my hands in them. They seemed super light and like they would be pretty flexible. I've been wearing my Astar gptech gloves for 2.5 years now and they still don't feel broken in. I bought those when I was new to racing and thought Astars were the be all, end all in track gear. I've since learned otherwise.

I have fondled many a pair of held gloves at the dealer show. They are constructed very well. I'm very partial to Racer Gloves, and I have the R Safe for track days ($325) and the short sport ($179) for touring.

If I wasn't in love with the Racer brand, I would be rocking Held gloves for sure.

And if not them, then probably Dainese or RS Taichi

What a lot of people seem to have difficulty doing is dropping that high dollar amount initially.

You can wear a pair of cheaper gloves, wreck once and then toss them, buy another pair, repeat repeat.

The level of protection won't be there either btw.

Or drop some coin and get a great pair of gloves that are top notch quality, super comfortable, have impeccable safety features, and will last not only through one crash, but many.

You get your money worth and then some.

You can wear a pair of cheaper gloves, wreck once and then toss them, buy another pair, repeat repeat.

The level of protection won't be there either btw.

On a side note to that statement. The cheap gloves may not even last a full season of just wearing them. I have a cheap pair of Columbia gloves for the short trips out to dinner or just down to the corner for icecream. They last about one riding season with limited use and no crashes. My held gloves are now going on 4 years old and are in great shape.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...