Work Boots - Who likes what?

max power

I always had Rocky's until they moved to China. I still pick a pair up every now and then. But, when I started working on the Line Crew I got a pair of Red Wings and Black Rock's. By far the two best pair of boots I owned next to my american made Rocky Pro Hunters.

Another fan of AMERICAN MADE Red Wings here.I see you're in Canal Winchester,take a ride over to Lancaster and visit Walker's shoe store,they can suggest the best boot for your need.Kill two birds with one stone,buy local AND American made.If we're going to turn this economy around,it's up to us,the ceo's and politicians ain't gonna do it for us.The only real vote we have is with our billfold.

Edited by drc32-0

I'd be more than happy to buy made in America Red Wings, if the ones I need were made in America.

That's the problem, they decided to move most of their manufacturing off shore and the American made line does not include the boots with the features I need. It sucks, but I will not let my feet suffer so I can buy American. I will, however, shop around to see if I can find some american made boots that meet my criteria.

Alot of ya'll are wearing some heavy ass boots. I swear by belleville or cochran. Super light & American made, military standard issue, you can find them at copshoes.com

I've also tried bates but nothing compares to the ville's Ive had for the last 5 years (and not falling apart as an auto mechanic/hunter/etc.)

About a year ago I bought my first pair of Bates Sport Tacticals. They are awesome. Lightweight, good ankle support, good ventilation, and an aggressive tread that still looks good enough for business casual wear. Got them on line from Shoebuy. I wear them at least two days a week and they hardly show any wear after a year. Around $80.

Here's a link

http://tacticalgear.com/mens-bates-5-tactical-sport?sid=1:653:0,5:1742:0,16:5129:0&utm_source=gs&utm_medium=sce&gclid=COmE-uGZ260CFYW8KgodZlaflw

Edited by JohnG

Big American Redwing fan........but these are also fantastic. There is a Redwing store in Xenia that will/can replace almost anything on Redwing boots, and keep that leather oiled and it will last for a VERY long time.

http://www.danner.com/boots/

http://www.chippewaboots.com/

I do keep it oiled, its the soles that are split....after a year. They can't be replaced on anything bit the vibram soled boots.

Thanks for the info. Where do you find these? Are they internet only?

I don't want to buy any boots I can't try on first.

The local gun shop here sells them. I would definately recommend trying them on first, they're usually 1/2 a size too large.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

The Boot Outlet Store in Rockbridge also carries these.

I noticed that this morning. I'm going to try to get down there this weekend.

Gump - :bigfinger:

I spend all day on my feet, and they are fucked up. The right pair of boots makes all the difference in the world.

I have some Chinese made Redwings that were almost $300! I got in a spot where I needed to buy something & it needed to be waterproof. I wanted brand name Gore-tex, but I got their brand of WP mebrane because that is what they had. I expected a better slectection at an actual RedWing store.

So far so good, but I only wear them working on my place and maybe have only 500 hours on them in two years. No leaks.

I'm a little hard to fit, wide and a full volume 13.

I am going to give Danner a try next time.

I went to the Boot Store @ the flea market on 33 near Rockbridge on Saturday.

The place is huge!

They carry Chippewa, RedWing and a few other brands, but everything appears to be factory seconds and closeouts. Much like IP's closeout section, if you wear very small or very big sizes, it would be a good place to check out as the prices were real good, but regular sizes were few and far between.

The search continues....

Edited by max power

All I know is the wolverines I had for 6 months sucked fell apart. the timberlin I had also fell apart in less then a year. Redwing suck I have tried them the fell apart in less then a year. But I do work around some nasty chemicals. I think I am gonna try some $30 walmart boots next time that way I am not throwing away so much money every six months.

Yeah, I have been dealing with the Reynoldsburg store for about 7 years now. They are ordering in a few models that I want to check out.

I just want to exhaust all options as I am growing more and more unimpressed with RedWing quality. Their service at the Main st store is still top notch. Too bad every competing brand I have tried on so far is so much less comfortable.

And no store in central ohio carries the full line of any brand. Most only carry 1 or 2 models of each brand. Weak.

Edited by max power