Work Boots - Who likes what?

max power

I wear the Timberland pitboss.

http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4208215

Going on 10 years of buying that boot. First two pair lasted roughly 5 years each, just picked up my 3rd pair two months ago. The first two I wore the soles out before the leather went bad. Mostly as an aircraft mechanic so the entire 40 hour week walking around on concrete floors with some pretty harsh chemicals mixed in. Not made in the USA, the current pair I have say they where made in the Dominican republic.

Rocky outlet also carriers a lot of Giant boots too now. Made in China. I think I'm done with Rocky too unfortunately.

I used to wear Die Hards from Sears, and they always had a great warranty on the soles. Very comfortable, and the sole doesn't track in a lot of mud and snow if you wear them inside.

Heres what I wear

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/9002M/0/Mens/Tremor-Wolverine-DuraShocks-Slip-Resistant-10-inch-Wellington?dimensions=0

Had em over 2 years still in amazing condition!

I wear em all the time.

I replaced the inserts with Dr. Scholls and thats about it

Heres what I wear

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/9002M/0/Mens/Tremor-Wolverine-DuraShocks-Slip-Resistant-10-inch-Wellington?dimensions=0

Had em over 2 years still in amazing condition!

I wear em all the time.

I replaced the inserts with Dr. Scholls and thats about it

you must be easy on boots....i wear out wolverine boots in 6-9 months....garbage boots, especially for the price

you must be easy on boots....i wear out wolverine boots in 6-9 months....garbage boots, especially for the price

I wear out any of the "glue welts" like that. But the stitched Goodyear welts will last me 2 years, and could go a third year (barely), but I just get new ones. I used to have shoe shops repair them, but that costs as much as new boots now. IF you can find a decent repair shop. (There's still one on Parsons Ave, I think.)

And yeah, the prices have climbed much higher on boots. Boot price shock here. I was looking for new boots also. So I'm paying attention to what everyone thinks. I just might be switching brands of boot.

I've tried a few pairs of 40-60 dollar "foreign" made duty/work boots. They barely last 4 to 6 months. And they aren't good for your feet. Very sad that many supposedly American boots are just high prices on cheap products from off shore.

:dunno: if I am all I know is that they have lasted me 2 years and show no sign of given out. I wear em for everything they've been used as a stop for a few bike engines to keep em from hitting the floor and other such things. As for the price work paid for em no cost to me

I worked in Redwings for years, in fact still have a couple of pairs for work. They refuse to wear out.

But I just bought a pair of maybe the best boots I have ever worn. 100% American made, up in Wisconsin. Thorogood Boots. And man are they comfortable.

I tried on a pair of these today and wasnt real impressed:

http://www.georgiaboot.com/products/3698/1600G6044/Georgia-Waterproof-Logger-Work-Boots/

These are what I've been wearing for over 2 years...still comfortable,still in good shape...I wear them to work, yard work, hiking, fishing, camping, trail riding(its what I wear to wayne and feet are always dry)..im going to pick up another pair soon, not because I need them but just because my company will pay for them..think they are arounf $135 at TSC

Edited by 2talltim

:wtf: Says the bubby who buys his cheap Mehican Rockys on the discount tip at the empty Rocky factory. :rolleyes:

Rockys are junk. I have junk knees. Need good boots.

Wanna talk junk knees lol? I've had the same rocky's for 2 years now and west them everyday. Actually I had them on when took my spill. Ground them all the way down to the steel toe.

Wanna talk junk knees lol? I've had the same rocky's for 2 years now and west them everyday. Actually I had them on when took my spill. Ground them all the way down to the steel toe.

Them there must be good.

Max get a pair of Rockys!