Work Boots - Who likes what?

max power

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

LOL, I spotted that one, but let it go.  @2talltim is actually our best spammer spotter. Well, until now.

4 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Justin and I were texting each other about this post yesterday morning. I think it's a spammer but has not shown thier hand yet. The link they posted isn't spammy yet. Or is it? I was watching them for more post. 

Our conversation Sunday morning..lol

Screenshot_20170313-102443.thumb.png.72c50a530496dc575710db91d6ecff90.png

11 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Justin and I were texting each other about this post yesterday morning. I think it's a spammer but has not shown thier hand yet. The link they posted isn't spammy yet. Or is it? I was watching them for more post. 

First ever post, posts in a 4 year old thread and has a link to some website about boots.  It's a website designed to get clicks for advertising. But I think we should leave it up now so Bowdog's post is left in context of your failure!!

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

First ever post, posts in a 4 year old thread and has a link to some website about boots.  It's a website designed to get clicks for advertising. But I think we should leave it up now so Bowdog's post is left in context of your failure!!

Yea, but I could also see how some random dude found the thread in a google search and wanted to be helpful too. Like I told Justin yesterday that it probably was spam but at least it was semi helpful to the tread. All the links in it are links to amazon.

Brought a set of these 2 months ago online.  I'm happy with them, which surprises me since I've never had luck buying any clothing online.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/georgia-boot-mens-8-in-logger-boot-black#Color:Black

By the way, I hate Tractor Supply; they're usually overpriced and almost never have what I need.

I wear keen on the hiking trails and find them to be top notch in the shop. I've never really liked true boots and always worn hybrids. The Keens fit that exactly and are comfortable enough for 10-12 hours days and still meet all the safety requirements most industrial facilities require.

On 1/25/2012 at 9:23 PM, BadTrainDriver said:

After all the help...you go and buy a piece of shit boot...

Don't come to us when they fall apart.

Those "piece of shit" boots lasted me three years of near constant abuse. The only reason they are made overseas is because the EPA won't let them use the glues required to keep the sole stuck to the shoe. Bought another pair. Suck it.

On 3/12/2017 at 9:47 AM, Liam Antony said:

Selecting a comfortable work boot can be a difficult process.  You have to take into consideration certain safety features, such as slip resistance, shock resistance, steel toe vs. composite toe, waterproof, and insulation.  Now I have Tımberland Pro Men's Endurance . It has durable features such as a safety-toe, non-slip rubber outer sole, plus, anti-fatigue technology make these work boots stand up to just about anything.  Not only are they comfortable and great for those with back and knee problems, the 8” shaft offers substantial support for your ankles.  However, I would suggest selecting half a size larger than your average shoe size, as they tend to run small

GTFO!

41 minutes ago, max power said:

Those "piece of shit" boots lasted me three years of near constant abuse. The only reason they are made overseas is because the EPA won't let them use the glues required to keep the sole stuck to the shoe. Bought another pair. Suck it.

too much thread to go back through but if you are talking about the Irish Setters that you turned me on too, they are the best boots i have ever worn...lasted me three years as well, just purchased another pair last week.

• Upvote 1

ive been rocking the steel toe sneakers that red wings makes under the worx brand the past year. im in quality now and no longer need to wear heavy leather boots to protect my feet from spilled skydraul and other nasty fluids. they're light, look pretty good and are osha approved and are only right around $100. 

On 3/15/2017 at 2:06 PM, CrazySkullCrusher said:

ive been rocking the steel toe sneakers that red wings makes under the worx brand the past year. im in quality now and no longer need to wear heavy leather boots to protect my feet from spilled skydraul and other nasty fluids. they're light, look pretty good and are osha approved and are only right around $100. 

I encourage you to find and try on a pair of keens. I wore the same shoes you are now for years and really liked them. Found the keens and haven't looked back since. They are on a whole different level of comfortable while still retaining the OSHA compliance.

On 3/17/2017 at 6:44 AM, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I get a $110 boot voucher from work every year that's only good at red wings, charm or great lakes industrial shoe. never even heard of keen before, where do they sell them??

Keens are primarily outdoors/hiking shoes. I've always bought the hiking line from REI. I have multiple pairs of their hiking boots and found their industrial shoes on accident. A quick Google search shows they are available on great lakes industrial shoe. I got mine through Sears online though.

I've never been able to wear industrial work boots, due to all day comfort. So I've always gravitated towards a hiking boot for work. They provide a different/better level of support and more cushioning. The red wing low top was bearable. Finding Keen has been life changing for me, especially on those long days on my feet.

I've got a desk job now, so the 12 hrs on my feet days are no more, which is nice. I still am required to have OSHA compliant shoes though because I am in and out of the shop. 

I spent over a decade wearing red wings 2406 work boots for at least ten hours a day and found them very comfortable. Switching to the worx sneakers was like not wearing safety shoes at all. I just wear them all the time everywhere...Wore them earlier today on an hour long walk with the dogs. 

24 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I spent over a decade wearing red wings 2406 work boots for at least ten hours a day and found them very comfortable. Switching to the worx sneakers was like not wearing safety shoes at all. I just wear them all the time everywhere...Wore them earlier today on an hour long walk with the dogs. 

I do the same thing with Redwing safety sneaks.  With the right insoles, I can wear them all day long everyday

On March 17, 2017 at 7:44 AM, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I get a $110 boot voucher from work every year that's only good at red wings, charm or great lakes industrial shoe. never even heard of keen before, where do they sell them??

They sell Keen at Charm...

• 1 year later...