Ammo Deals.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

if its less than 309, Im in too. I can get it for 309 shipped all day, so anything less than that Im totlaly in. Willing to drive to pick it up too.

$309 is high. Brown Bear 55gr HP is $250 shipped all day long, and it has really good reviews. If we're bulk ordering, I'd hope to be in the $200~ range.

$309 is high. Brown Bear 55gr HP is $250 shipped all day long, and it has really good reviews. If we're bulk ordering, I'd hope to be in the $200~ range.

Oh yeah for steel casings 250 is easy, TulAmmo is 209 for 1,000, for Brass not so much. Brass at 299 is cheap, 309 is the best I've seen it anywhere and that is surplus. AE is first grade from Gander.

As for bulk, yeah, I'd like to see it like 250 too, but I don't foresee any brass anywhere near 250.

I would only buy Bulk Brass, steel I can get at Vances, Wally, etc for the same price.

I would love to hear the reasoning on why the couple of you are opposed to steel casing???

If they reload for one. Corrosion can be a problem, just keep it dry and no problems. I shoot it all. My guns eat anything I put in them.

I would love to hear the reasoning on why the couple of you are opposed to steel casing???

Santa brought me a membership to New Albany. Having an office up here, I shoot 2-3 times per week on my lunch. They don't allow steel. However, for the right price (less than what I can get range-appropriate ammo), I'd stock up on my apocalypse stash. I'd get a couple thousand rounds of steel 9mm if the price was in the $7/50 range.

I have always been told that steel case is very corrosive and also marks up the internal parts when fireing? that is just what i was always told not saying in is true or not. :confused:

Santa brought me a membership to New Albany. Having an office up here, I shoot 2-3 times per week on my lunch. They don't allow steel. However, for the right price (less than what I can get range-appropriate ammo), I'd stock up on my apocalypse stash. I'd get a couple thousand rounds of steel 9mm if the price was in the $7/50 range.

This, can't shoot steel indoors anywhere that I know of. I buy the shit out of the steel casing still whenever Im going to our outdoor range in Lancaster, but if you want to ever shoot indoors must be brass. I do however have about 500 TulAmmo right now for SandG. And yes steel is very corrosive vs Brass.

Also can't reload steel, not that I do, but I plan to start when we move and I finally get a full basement with a man room and then the pole barn.

Again. I'm in for bulk orders of 223/5.56 and 9mm
This. Dale you need to see what you can do.

I shoot the shit out of steel. I heard of the plastic dividers that some ammo comes in doing bad things to brass... Steel doesnt expand as easily as brass which is why some gun have problems running them because it doesnt seal up as well against the chamber so the pressure escapes instead of forcing the action back at the required velocity causing FTF or FTE. Atleast whats how I understand it. That said all my guns get fed steel.

Oh yeah for steel casings 250 is easy, TulAmmo is 209 for 1,000, for Brass not so much. Brass at 299 is cheap, 309 is the best I've seen it anywhere and that is surplus. AE is first grade from Gander.

As for bulk, yeah, I'd like to see it like 250 too, but I don't foresee any brass anywhere near 250.

I would only buy Bulk Brass, steel I can get at Vances, Wally, etc for the same price.

I don't think I'll buy TulAmmo. Too many bad reviews.

Its all I use too.. just was interested in the "reasons" others have against it. Have not heard a good reason yet. My AK has never had anything other than steel. I'm gonna say prolly 4000rnds worth. The AR's prolly 1500rnds. The Glocks maybe 1000. I'd love for an all brass shooter to strip their gun beside one of mine and show me a difference.

I do have 500 rnds of tula. And I have a couple cases of brown bear and wolf in 223.

It's my understanding that all of those as well as almost all imported surplus ammo are all the same manufacture. Ive not really tryed to verify or confirm that nor do I care really even care but thats what Ive been told by several

• Casper unpinned this topic