Ammo Deals.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2012 at 5:01 PM, C-bus said:

Standard Fin Feather Fur is. $9.99 Blazer aluminum 115gr. About every two months or so, it's $8.99. That's <$180/1000 with no shipping.

Fin, Feather and Fur is a great store. One of the better ones in Ohio. It's a long ride from Columbus though.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, 2talltim said:

I haven't shot anything in a long time. When prices and availability went stupid a couple years ago I quit shooting. Really need to get the bang bangs out and re-hone the skills.

If you're anywhere near Circleville, Ohio there's a great range there that has many different shooting events for shooters of all ages over 8 years old and all skill levels. You can get general info at http://pcsirange.com/ . Pre-registration for the Steel Challenge matches can be accomplished at https://practiscore.com/pcsi-steel-challenge-june-2017/register for June 17th, 2017. The Steel Challenge matches are held on the third Saturday of every month during the warm months. It's only $10.00 and everyone has a good time. I believe that your first time is still free. Everyone that I've met at the steel matches there over the last few years have been great people, all very willing to help in any way possible. The skill levels are from professional full-time factory sponsored shooters to first-timers. Safety is stressed and there's a range master for each group. It's now limited to eighty people for each Steel match due to overcrowding and time constraints, so pre-registration is a very good idea. Great folks at a great facility. They also have 3-Gun matches and other matches listed at their website.

Edited by Billy396

• 3 months later...

Picked up 20 boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass for $8.59 a box.  Sportsman's Den in Shelby.  Price goood through end of the Month.  I might need to go back and buy another 20 boxes before sale ends.  They also have Federal and Winchester ammo on sale but the Blazer Brass was the best deal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 8:59 PM, Gump said:

Don't buy it. It's for 8 year olds or Chinese people. 

You could give it to @MidgetTodd for Christmas. Sounds like it's his size. Just fill it with Thin Mints. 

Edited by cmh_sprint
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Am i the only one who looks for the ammo in the smallest box?  Blazer brass is seriously like 2x the size of S&B brass...

spacial efficiency in my gun locker is essential!

especially when i add a shotgun and a stock of shells for it.  

29 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Am i the only one who looks for the ammo in the smallest box?  Blazer brass is seriously like 2x the size of S&B brass...

spacial efficiency in my gun locker is essential!

especially when i add a shotgun and a stock of shells for it.  

if only big box ammo fit in a small empty box of the same caliber...

How many rounds does that fit?  For whatever reason, i am kind of anal about dating each box and using them in the order i buy them. 

Probably totally unnecessary with modern ammo, but i do it. 

I’ll have to measure my shelf spacing to see what size ammo cans fit well...  

1 hour ago, Lawrence1 said:

Depending on how you store it, ammo generally has a shelf life of about ten years. Not that I would stand in front of a 20 year old shell. 

Let the argument begin.

um millions of people are still shooting Russian surplus ammo from the cold war.......

Ammo is good for way more than 10 years

Sure man, ammo manufacturer's recommend ten years because they just want to sell you more ammo. I guess it all depends on what your acceptable rate of failure is, mine's zero.

Those of us that actually hunt and take our ammo out in inclement weather know what can happen.

15 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

um millions of people are still shooting Russian surplus ammo from the cold war.......

Ammo is good for way more than 10 years

Heck, I have US surplus .30-06 for my Garands that is dated to the mid 1940's.  True WWII production ammo.  Shoots very well.  Oldest I have ever fired was some .303Brit that dated to the 1930's. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2018 at 10:08 PM, Lawrence1 said:

Those of us that actually hunt and take our ammo out in inclement weather know what can happen.

That's not quite the same conversation as storing in a sealed box in a safe.

...if you dropped ammo in a river then I expect it's shelf life to be reduced.

Just in case there are non-believers in the crowd that ammo will stay good for well into the 70+ year range.  Here is a quick picture, the main image is four rounds of British .303, two from 1931 and two from 1942.  I have shot both and they worked just fine.  The insert is four rounds of US made M2 ball AP (.30-06) for my garands.  All dated from 1944 from both the Lake City and Remington arsenals. 

IMG_20180830_152900405_HDR.jpg

You guys regaling us with your stories of how your old ammo goes bang do realize you're probably not getting the full velocity right? That would be a failure. Ever wonder why militaries sell off their old ammo? I hope that's not your go to round to defend your families with.

• Casper unpinned this topic