Ammo Deals.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

I was able to order a box of .22 LR CCI blazer ammo from the Cabela's website.   Get an order in if you're quick.  It was $30/500 if you include sales tax, and ship it to the store.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse.cmd?N=1100192&WTz_l=SBC%3BBRprd1804618

Well, when I followed the link back myself after posting it was showing sold-out.  Sometimes it comes and goes as their computers update, so give it a shot, I suppose.

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

well hello new prices for 22LR. Will be lucky to find anything at all. Minimum price about 10 cents a round. And it goes fast, real fast. But noticed one type of 22LR available at Gander for 50 cents a round. No thank you.

Edited by ReconRat

Still finding stuff at about 8 to 12 cents a round, but have to be quick. Scored a brick of Norma TAC, a brick of Federal Target, and 200 Remington to burn off. I have seen prices still set at 3 to 6 cents a round, but do not ever see it for sale. And if it was, I'm too late getting there.

I'm only looking for 40gr high velocity now. RN or HP, in 22LR.

edit: well, always on the lookout for decent 44s&w or 45colt.

Edited by ReconRat

Thanks to this multi-year ammo hoarding and pricing BS, I'm letting my range membership end. I can't afford to shoot often enough for it to make sense.

I've only really have a problem finding .22lr. Then when I find it, not at a ludacris price.

Walmart\cabelas doesn't seem to have anyt trouble getting anything else in.

Bought a couple of 100 rnd value packs of 9mm from walmart the other day for $24. They had at least 15 boxes on the shelf.

Edited by Cdubyah

Bulk still seems to be the way to go, of course. I get my 9mm from freedom ammunition. 1000 shipped for $248. I was able to get 62gr 5.56, 500rd, shipped for $214. That's not great, but it's a good deal for what I like.

Looking at one on line place that has what is now considered a "decent" price, and realizing 22lr peaked at a 440% price increase...

edit: plus shipping, which can be 9 bucks to 35 bucks. almost a 400% range...

Edited by ReconRat

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Cabela's was well stocked with 22LR this morning. I guess the shortage is finally past. How many years? Grabbed some Winchester 40gr HV. That will probably go first. Well stocked on other ammo also. Saw a deal on PNW 300BLK 147gr range.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

LAX Ammo.com has Winchester (white box) .380 FMJ 95 grain (500 rounds) for $130 plus $15.95 for UPS ground shipping.

Same thing on Lucky Gunner or Bulk Ammo sells for about $209 plus shipping.

I ordered 500 rounds at Christmas and another 500 a few minutes ago....

Edited by Wahoo

13 hours ago, Wahoo said:

LAX Ammo.com has Winchester (white box) .380 FMJ 95 grain (500 rounds) for $130 plus $15.95 for UPS ground shipping.

Same thing on Lucky Gunner or Bulk Ammo sells for about $209 plus shipping.

I ordered 500 rounds at Christmas and another 500 a few minutes ago....

Good find.  30c/rd isn't bad at all for .380.

The bulk price of copper and lead has dropped, the fear has faded, new munitions factories are on line, and everyone is stocked up. Prices are finally falling... Will be interesting to see how far the bottom will be.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ReconRat said:

The bulk price of copper and lead has dropped, the fear has faded, new munitions factories are on line, and everyone is stocked up. Prices are finally falling... Will be interesting to see how far the bottom will be.

Excellent point.  I hope I don't offend anyone here (that would be a first), but I will take just a little delight in watching all of the bastards who hoarded ammo for profit to be fleeced on the way down.  As prices fall, the general populous will buy from the supply chain instead of using their reserves (or they'll resupply on the fly - same difference), likely driving prices even lower.  I met one guy in Lewis Center a couple years ago sitting on several hundred Gs of ammo bought at now-current prices who'd better unload it fast if he wants to even break even.  It's the (ammo) stock market.  It rises and falls.

It'll also squeeze the economic of handloading, at least for the most popular of calibers.  Cabella's is running another special on Hornady "get loaded" kits, but with .380 under 30c/rd, 9mm under 20c/rd and .223 under 30c/rd, you'd have to shoot a lot or fire the rare and expensive stuff to make it a no-brainer.

• 2 months later...
Is .22 mag the new impossible round to find?

I believe so. Though I was able to score some Hornady V-max from Cabella's online store 2 weeks ago. Paid $15/50 plus shipping though - no deal there, but I really wanted some.

• Casper unpinned this topic