Ammo Deals.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

FFF has primers and powder. Bought s-pistol and Bullseye yesterday. Pretty much all ammo in stock with volume restrictions.

Primers and powder? Which one, Akron, Canton or Cleveland?

edit: Dick's is still asking if US citizen at checkout. To hell with that.

Edited by ReconRat

Ashland exit 186 off of 71. Had plenty of federal and cci primers of all types. Can only buy 1000 of each brand/size per checkout. $35-ish/1000. Powder was $100-ish for 8lbs Bullseye.

PEOPLE!!!! Quit spending your money at Dicks!

They are the Magley of the gun world. Fuck them.

PEOPLE!!!! Quit spending your money at Dicks!

Dick's caters primarily to urban and suburban golfers, runners, sports fans, etc. who likely aren't gun owners. Firearms are just a portion of their business, and since it's a polarizing one in "charged" times, I can see the corporate rationale to protect their core business model. If that ticks you off, that's equally understandable but realize that avoiding Dicks means they'll eventually shed the rest of their hunting department and eliminate a source of guns, ammo, targets, scopes, etc. from the market, which leaves us with fewer options.

I'm not trying to propose what anybody does - personally I don't like Dick's prices on most things anyway, but I'm just saying that we could hurt ourselves in the process of making a political statement. To me, shopping for ammo at Dick's is still better than getting gouged by "supply and demand, bitches!" opportunists online or at gun shows.

I still go to dick's for the kids sporting goods stuff but stopped buying anything guns/ammo related from them. I think it was a bullshit move to pull inventory off the shelf in a panic move. Why not just sell out stock of evil black rifles then not order anymore.

Possibly to avoid getting caught in a "gotcha journalism" piece by an enterprising investigative reporter showing how easy it is to buy a weapon of mass ugliness from popular sporting goods chains. If I were a corporate exec for Dick's, answerable to a board and shareholders, I might have done the same - lay low with the ARs and see how things play out before maybe bringing them back.

Remember how angry we all were when Wal-Mart pulled handguns from their cases? Be honest, who's shopped there since then? ;-)

9mm, .380 and .22LR.....But I would not be able to get there until Saturday. Probably be sold out before then.

Great Lakes Outdoor in Chesterland off route 322 (or maybe it is Kirtland?) has not had .22LR for a few weeks. I usually stop in at least once a week, depending on if I am going to the range on the weekend.

Nothing at the London Ohio Walmart except 12 gauge.

At Vance's there were $20 boxes of 50 9mm and $40 for 100, but no .380 or .22lr. I didn't have time to check the other calibers but I think I spotted .40. I'm gonna need more 380 for this little gen 3 LCP I fell for.

Oh, LEPD on Bethel yesterday had quite a few calibers for range customers. The prices were a few bucks high but at least they have stuff to shoot.

Desperately needed some 22lr for this weekend. Picked up a box of the 525 round Federal for $30. A little high priced but at least they had it in stock.

Where?

Fin was out of .22lr, it looked like they had pretty much everything else. Prices were a little bit higher than I was paying at Buckeye Outdoors, but not terrible, gouging-like high. I think they had Blazer brass and aluminum in most handgun calibers, and some Hornaday defense rounds in about all calibers. I ran out of time, and since it was my first trip to the Fin, well, I didn't get to look around all that I wanted to.

They had quite a bit of reloading stuff in stock other than very little brass.

The gun counter and racks behind the counter were pretty full. Lot's of those scary looking assault rifles, other rifles, and shotguns. I wanted to fondle the XDS that was in the case, but I knew I had better not since I cannot afford to buy one right now, and I was only had about 45 minutes to spend there.

Where?.

This was at Vance. One box limit but I watched several employees hauling skids of it around while they stocked it under the knife counter and behind the main sales counter; not on the floor as is per usual.

They also seemed to have reloading supplies as several guys were gushing about power and primers being there for the first time in a while.

Thanks! Just back from Vances with 1000 Federal small pistol primers and one pound IMR4198. missed the ww748. They had some CCI rifle primers, but one box limit. I'll probably stop there tomorrow. I think stock supplies are on the way back to the shelves.

Thinking Buckeye Outdoor for fun. Right now. On the bike. With a backpack.

I saw 6 other bikes at Vances. We all squeak when we walk, don't we?

edit: they had a LOT of Federal small pistol primers.

edit: Buckeye outdoors had no powder or primers. They had a skid of .40 and the other skid was probably 9mm. They were selling 525 bricks of Federal 22lr fast. Might not be any left.

Edited by ReconRat

• Casper unpinned this topic