What do YOU need?

RidersDiscount

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,   I just picked up a brand new FJ-09.  What do you have in the way of hard bags?   I like the clean install of the Yamaha bags& mount, but at ~$1200 MSRP they're stupidly priced.   The Givi make nice stuff, but their brackets are generic and huge.  The Shad SH36 look nice.  Not tied to any of those three, Just options I've looked at.   Do you have any steering stabilizers that would fit?  The front end gets light and wobbles a bit. 

Also shooting you a PM about other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Front pads for an 06 gsxr 600. Rear pads for an 03 sv650. For a streetbike.

Unless those are the wrong components @Danimal., Never know with this bike :lol:

I thought the rear swing arm was a bastard on that bike too? I could be wrong

You ever get your fork seals fixed?

Edited by 2talltim

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Front pads for an 06 gsxr 600. Rear pads for an 03 sv650. For a streetbike.

Unless those are the wrong components @Danimal., Never know with this bike :lol:

PM headed that way sir, thanks!

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I thought the rear swing arm was a bastard on that bike too? I could be wrong

You ever get your fork seals fixed?

I believe the fork tube is slightly discolored. The seals seem fine. I'll have to check again come spring. Paul had just replaced them recently before I bought the bike. The suspension on that thing is so wrong for me, it's hard for me to tell if its just overly sprung front and back or what. I agreed to by a zx6 rear shock off @J_Copeland, hopefully that swap isn't too difficult and I can do it in my garage. I need to get that damn zx14 shock outta there, I'll hit a bump on the highway and if I compress the suspension just a tad, I'll launch the rear wheel off the ground (which is fun sometimes, but mid corner its downright scary.) After I get a more reasonable shock out back, I hope to get a better feel for what else needs to be changed or adjusted.

35 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I believe the fork tube is slightly discolored. The seals seem fine. I'll have to check again come spring. Paul had just replaced them recently before I bought the bike. The suspension on that thing is so wrong for me, it's hard for me to tell if its just overly sprung front and back or what. I agreed to by a zx6 rear shock off @J_Copeland, hopefully that swap isn't too difficult and I can do it in my garage. I need to get that damn zx14 shock outta there, I'll hit a bump on the highway and if I compress the suspension just a tad, I'll launch the rear wheel off the ground (which is fun sometimes, but mid corner its downright scary.) After I get a more reasonable shock out back, I hope to get a better feel for what else needs to be changed or adjusted.

I've got the oem GSXR600 shock off my track bike still. It's an 07. Probably a direct bolt on. It's been sitting here on the shelf since the Penske went on

6 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

I've got the oem GSXR600 shock off my track bike still. It's an 07. Probably a direct bolt on. It's been sitting here on the shelf since the Penske went on

I believe the zxr6 shock is a direct bolt on too. I thought I read somewhere that if I went gsxr, id have to cut the battery tray? Don't quote me on that though.